Author Topic: First Timer - Not a virgin anymore  (Read 4771 times)

Offline Montana

• Sly Jr.
  • Get busy living
    • Life Inside Jack
First Timer - Not a virgin anymore
« on: June 05, 2017, 01:59:45 PM »
Well, I did it. I was at Walmart and I picked up the Van Der Hagen safety razor. I whipped up a mixture of Cremo and liquid soap as I have found this to be slick and feels good and I ever-so-carefully put that Danger Weapon upon my soft skin.

I'm still alive.

One small nick and that was it. That was on the back of my dome where my hair pattern resembles either a cyclone or a Corgi's butt, you choose. Now, it's not perfect. It's not without high spots but I feel good that I tried. I didn't hurt myself and I'm just a touch less intimidated.

What I do like is the time. Even though I went slow and careful I was finished in less time than just the wet rotary or the Mach 3. Although it's not as smooth as I have pulled off in the past this is the first attempt. I'm certain that with more experience and possibly different (mo betta) blades I can achieve the shiny dome I'm after.

It's may not be a big deal to many, but it was a big deal to me and a method I hope to perfect in time. 

Montana

---
Love. Joy. Hope. Peace. Freedom.

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
Re: First Timer - Not a virgin anymore
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2017, 02:46:54 PM »
Congratulations Montana, good job. Yes, it takes awhile to learn all the different directions hair grows on your head. In time you will get it, I do mine by feel. I thoroughly enjoy the process and time it takes to shave with a double edge razor. Some things that work good for me is exfoliating a couple times a week, cold water finish, and refrigerated witch hazel.

FYI, you can get 100 Astra platinum blades on Amazon for about ten bucks.
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2017, 06:57:08 PM »
Way to loose your 'bald head' virginity!  You'll improve your technique as you continue to practice with the razor.

Another way of becoming a man.  Welcome to SBG. Enjoy the new smooth head.

Offline amatlock2778

• Sly
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2017, 09:35:30 AM »
Lol at the part about the back of your head having a hair pattern resembling a hurricane or corgi's butt.  Very funny, but also an apt comparison for a lot of people, i suspect. I certainly have a similar pattern back there,  especially near the crown. Its the area that seems to take the most time to get smooth.
Bald by chioce, never going back

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2017, 06:52:14 PM »
looks great.  Did anyone notice r comment?

Offline Montana

• Sly Jr.
  • Get busy living
    • Life Inside Jack
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2017, 09:08:41 PM »
looks great.  Did anyone notice r comment?

Nope. No one sees me too often except my girlfriend and she likes anything I do.

What I am most concerned about is the way I feel when it is shaved. My hair (what remains of it) is very grey on top and on the sides. However, the back is good to go. I could grow that out like I was starring in Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon.

If my head doesn't feel smooth then there is dark stubble back there and although no one gives a hoot, I do. So it's important to me that when I finish shaving my dome that my head feel smooth and without stubble.

That's all.
---
Love. Joy. Hope. Peace. Freedom.

Enter your email address: