Author Topic: Anyone else here a musician? Also, check out my band!  (Read 7981 times)

Offline SlyCatCrossing

• Sly
Anyone else here a musician? Also, check out my band!
« on: September 09, 2016, 04:14:48 PM »
Curious if anyone else here is a musician?  I've been playing drums for the last 15 or so years in various groups and styles. 

If anyone is into some interesting original music check out a band I am a part of:
facebook.com/lastelectricrodeo
It's not inappropriate or full of curse words if you have sensitive ears.

Thanks!

Bearded, Bald By Choice, and breathin' the Florida ocean air

Offline Hingatao

• Sly Bureau
Re: Anyone else here a musician? Also, check out my band!
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2016, 10:14:16 PM »
I don't play yet but I'm trying to learn both ukulele and blues harmonica.
Hair is over rated.

Offline Sly Percussion

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2016, 02:27:30 PM »
I'm a percussionist, but i do more rudimental/drum corps stuff. I haven't been able to sit at my drumset in awhile.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2017, 02:45:04 AM »
I don't play yet but I'm trying to learn both ukulele and blues harmonica.

I've been learning both of those as well.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2017, 02:52:29 AM »
Curious if anyone else here is a musician?  I've been playing drums for the last 15 or so years in various groups and styles. 

If anyone is into some interesting original music check out a band I am a part of:
facebook.com/lastelectricrodeo
It's not inappropriate or full of curse words if you have sensitive ears.

Thanks!

Hey SlyCat, very interesting band. I like the Black Rose song. Would you consider you guys having a bit of a Rockabilly sound?

People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline SlyCatCrossing

• Sly
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2017, 05:46:17 AM »
Thanks Tyler!  We are mostly a mashup of spaghetti western, surf rock, and do have some rockabilly influences as well.  Everything is actually very theatrical and all of the songs revolve around the concept of the post apocalyptic future where we (last electric rodeo) are "the last show on earth".  When we perform live we have a troupe who joins us including the black rose character, an atomically modified hula girl name atomic trinity, a militant-esque all female group named "girls in gas masks" (my wife is one!), a radioactive yogi... And that just names a few.

That song you linked there is from our first album released in Nov 2015, we have since released a Halloween themed EP with a video (youtube "Bronze Age of horror") and in a few weeks are releasing our next full length album titled "prequella" which tells the story of how the world ended and how the last show on earth started. 

This is a huge passion of mine so I appreciate you taking time to check it out!

Offline SlyCatCrossing

• Sly
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2017, 05:50:31 AM »
I'll just post a link to save everyone some time.  This is the radio edit version so the two curse words are removed just in case you are at work or have little ones near.

Before anyone says anything... I know, I know, I'm not sly in some of the pictures in that video.  Keep in mind I'm bald by choice and usually 1-2 months every year I'll not shave my head but will shave my face just for fun so you'll see me in the early stages of a wicked afro I can grow and a mustache lol. 90%+ of the time I'm sly some with beard.  Maybe there is a picture like that also... I don't remember.  I haven't watched this video in a few months.  My profile/avatar pic actually is my band promo shot.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2017, 05:54:18 AM by SlyCatCrossing »

Offline Wil87

• Team Sly
  • Super Sly
  • Low Lie The Fields of Athenry
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2017, 06:04:30 AM »
Band sounds great Slycat! Drummer here also, not been able to play a full kit much due to having a young baby. Used to play in a (very very) heavy metal band but had to step back for family

Offline TheodorusRex

• Sly Jr.
  • Each moment is a place you've never been before.
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2017, 06:11:18 AM »
You're band sounds good man... me gusta...!    I was in a band for a few years - now I'm just doing solo stuff...  I've only been sly for 40 days or so - so all of my youtube videos, I have hair...  or a hat, usually...   Check it out:

Started shaving November 25th, 2016

Offline SlyCatCrossing

• Sly
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2017, 03:53:16 PM »
@ Wil87:  thanks brother!  I play in a variety of bands actually, this is just my most professional and presentable one haha.  I have played very heavy music in the past and currently am in a two piece that is like Americana cow punk basically.  We played very loud and fast and shout about drinking whiskey and being part of the working class poor.  I'm also in another band that does spacey trippy effects ridden dub reggae.  Not the type of stuff you think of when you hear reggae... It's like scratch perry and king tubby meet modern electronics but with all real instruments and presented live.

@theodorusrex: thanks brother!  I love me some tom waits and that is a killer cover you did there!

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2017, 04:06:50 PM »
I was in a 80's hair band, LETCHEN GREY....we had the same manager as Guns & Roses,Great White and Dokken.....sold 80,000 records mostly in japan & germany.

Been playing the drums now for 43 yrs

Here's what comes up when you google us

https://www.google.com/search?q=letchen+grey&oq=letchen&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j0l5.4802j0j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Offline chrisphilly123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2017, 10:00:32 PM »
piano, keyboards, drums.