Author Topic: full chest tattoo on somewhat overweight older man  (Read 4833 times)

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
full chest tattoo on somewhat overweight older man
« on: December 25, 2015, 01:27:34 PM »
Hi guys:

I am almost 62 years old.  About three years ago I started collecting tattoos.  (I know, I am a late bloomer, what can I say?).  My tattoos are not just for decoration; they are to remind me of the things that I accomplished during my life that really meant a lot - (you know, so that as senility creeps forward the mirror will remind me every day of my halcyon youth).

So my right upper arm is sleeved with a Naval Officer's crest, a frigate and campaign ribbons for all of the major countries I have served in.  My full upper back is tattooed with my pilot's wings and the airplane that I built myself and fly.  My lower back is tattooed with a traditional Thai sak yant to commemorate another significant life experience.

My chest and my left upper arm are still untouched.  But I still have three things that I want to commemorate.  My tattooist suggests that we do my full upper chest with an image of the Archangel St. Michael (patron saint of Police Officers) slaying all of the evil doers, and then on one pectoral area tattooing my actual badge from when I was a Police Officer and on the other pectoral area tattooing the scales of justice to commemorate my almost 40 years of being a practicing attorney.   That would leave my left upper arm open for something else (such as commemorating my becoming a licensed barber).

I really like my tattooists' idea -but I don't know if I like the idea of having my full chest tattooed.  I don't know if that is going to look good on an old guy with a bit of a belly or for very long as I get older.

Do any of you guys have a chest tattoo? 

Even if you do not have a chest tattoo, what do you guys think of old guys with chest tattoos?

Offline beardbald

• Sly
Re: full chest tattoo on somewhat overweight older man
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2015, 06:39:35 PM »
Tattoo' are personal and about what you want and what you like. It shouldn't matter what others think. Unless you're someone that parades around public places shirtless it will be quite a personal tattoo, however even if you did go places like the gym (changing rooms) or swimming, what others think shouldnt matter if you're bought into it.   However if you have doubts it's not right. 

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2015, 07:42:54 PM »
Semi-Sly , your 62 I'm 73 , who are we going to impress one way or the other ? No one , and if we do ,to bad. If you want that tattoo go for it !
« Last Edit: December 25, 2015, 07:48:09 PM by Magoo »
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."

Offline TheSlyBear

• Opinionated Walrus
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • 忍者クマ
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2015, 08:56:11 PM »
I say go for it.

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2015, 03:47:38 AM »
I've always told the young kids, if you wait until you are 72 to get your first tattoo, it will look great the rest of your life. Get one now, and it will get blurry.

Well, you are not quite 72, but close enough.  A fresh tattoo on an older man should look good as long as you live.

I'm not into tattoos so not likely to get one.

Offline HappyGoSly

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2016, 05:05:23 PM »
Don't worry about what others think, its your chest, what do you think of old guys with chest tattoos? What would you think of yourself with a chest tattoo? Look at it this way, the full chest tattoo might draw eyes away from your belly!