Author Topic: I just shaved my head, should i tell the girls i've been texting but not met yet  (Read 10127 times)

Offline tobler1

• Ultimate Sly Guy
First, I think the shave looks great on you.  Second, I don't think you owe it to tell people who haven't met you in real live.  But, if you do actually plan a meeting, you probably should say something if they've seen a pic of you with longer hair.  Just an, oh, by the way, I've had a bit of a haircut since the pic of me on the site was taken...I mean, you wouldn't want to be looking for a blonde when a brunette is showing up, so it's the same sort of thing here.

Offline EarlBald

• Super Sly
I'm going to differ a little with the consensus.  Since you presumably are corresponding by email, this being the 21st century, just send your new photo with the explanation, "I realized that the pic I sent earlier was kind of old.  Here's a more recent one."  That's all you need to say.  I would suggest letting them know, however, because people on dating websites have been known to use photos that show them as much younger or slimmer than in real life.  Your potential dates may as well see what they're going to get; this is less awkward than a surprise on meeting them.

Offline outplayz

• Learning the way of Sly
Thanks to all the answers so far! Great advice and I greatly appreciate the confidence help as well. I am still getting use to shaving my hair since I was always into the long hair look, but i have found shaving my hair is really helping with confidence in regards to just not caring so much about what others 'may' think about me. It has helped me a lot in that regard and it feels liberating. I thought i'd share that so someone that hasn't done it yet can maybe just give it a go, it grows on you ;p

To the dating thing...man i wish i can report back and say how it went but the girls i wanted a date with fell through lol...to much holiday/party stuff going on i guess. But, at least now i can try to take some new pics and go from there. It really was a brain freeze trying to figure out how to say it when most the conversations were already past the 'breaking ice' point. It was like, "here we go, i have to break the ice all over again" lol I'll def. report back if one goes through...i'm thinking just show up with it ;) lol but, I feel where the vice versa is coming from too.   

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
It sounds like you are n a singles site. If so, put your bald photos on the site, nothing worse than meeting someone that looks totally different than advertised. I'm on a singles site, and I have no shortage of gals that want to meet me.

Just a tip, there are alot of women that want to message forever, they just want a penpal. After a few days of messaging, set up a meet and greet.

Mike
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Enter your email address: