Author Topic: Why the heck am I having such a hard time attracting women?  (Read 6527 times)

Offline GettingThere13

• Sly Jr.
I'm not a bad looking guy - I'm pretty dang good looking, actually - even with the head shave.

The issue is, about two years ago, they just... STOPPED being into me. It was as if a memo went out to all females, saying "He is not to be considered for dating anymore."

Here's what I think it is: I don't fit the magazine-and-TV-approved stereotype for how "men are supposed to look." I'm short and skinny (5'6" and 120 pounds) which automatically disqualifies me for most, but the addition of the bald head really seemed to put the last nail in the coffin.

I have an awesome personality, very good at conversation, I'm healthy, active, hard working, talented, and intelligent. What's the deal, yo? They don't approach me, and I gave up approaching them after many failed attempts in LA led me to throwing in the towel.

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE.

Offline USA man

• Sly Jr.
Re: Why the heck am I having such a hard time attracting women?
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2014, 11:47:46 PM »
I'm not much of a help, since I suck with women and self-pity. But I will say this, Google Neil Strauss. He will be of interest. He's short, skinny, bald, and a pickup artist.

Offline raymondrostle

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2014, 11:23:51 AM »
I hate to be negative but truth is girls dont like short or skinny guys they want guys who exude a reasonableamount of strength/masculinity....no sense living in denial youd be doing.yourself a big favor if you realized this and got yourself in a gym and changedyour diet to gain weight

Ask any women 5'6 120 lbs or 5'6 150 theyd choose 150 every time....if beig ignored by women really.matters to you gain solid healthy weight girls dont.like guys who are the same.size as them....

Offline slymyke

• Sly Bureau
  • Shaved head with full beard
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2014, 12:55:48 PM »
There are some guys and girls out there who attract all kinds of people.  If they were to try to narrow it down to find THE right person for them, it would be a long, difficult task.   Try to look at it like this:  You may actually have an easier time finding THE right person for you because the field will already be narrowed down from the start.  Don't try too hard or put too much pressure on yourself, and I bet it will happen when you least expect it.

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2014, 11:21:48 PM »
Size, shape, weight, color - none of these are definitive qualities.  There is someone out there for everyone!

Don't waste your time by cruising the bar scene, getting hooked up by a friend who "knows this really interesting girl/guy", etc.  I meet people by joining clubs that deal with my interests, (the Windy City Miata Club, M&M motorcycle riding club, Sunday Morning Breakfast Club for pilots, etc. etc.)  I also meet people in the classes and groups I join at my church.  When you start your search with groups that are already populated by people that have interests in common with you -- you are halfway there already!

And don't discount scientific matching services like Christian Mingle.  These services use legitimate personality profiling to match you up with people in your area that you are going to have things in common with and who will be compatible with you.  My cousin's kid was a real ugly duckling - covering up one of the most beautiful and FUN LOVING souls you could ever ask for.  She finally used one of these services and found a good Christian man who loves to hear her laugh and thinks that she is just God's gift to him, ('cause she is!).  This guy thinks that the sun just rises and sets around this girl!  Who'd a thunk it!  But they sure are a happily married couple now!  They even made it through a crisis of the guy losing his job immediately after the wedding - and it took 6 months for him to find another job.

Bottom line - don't worry about how you think you look to others.  Looks ain't got nothin' to do with it!