Author Topic: Could use support - new diagnosis  (Read 21490 times)

Offline gutsygirl

• Surviving Chronic Illness with a Smile :D
  • Sly
  • Gutsy is as Gutsy does!
    • Naturally Gutsy - surviving gastrointestinal illness with a smile!
Re: Could use support - new diagnosis
« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2013, 05:19:10 PM »
Silverback, I'm sorry you understand, yet grateful for your support.

I'm hanging in there guys.  This is one of the biggest challenges life has thrown me as of yet.

Here's something to make you smile!  http://crpsablaze.wordpress.com/2013/04/27/observation-keeps-life-interesting/

http://crpsablaze.wordpress.com/2013/04/29/his-strength-and-his-constant-faithful-mercy-even-in-the-morning/

GG
CRPSablaze.wordpress.com, NaturallyGutsy.com

Offline gutsygirl

• Sly
« Reply #31 on: July 01, 2013, 10:19:36 PM »
I'm still alive and still sly, but it's been a rough go.  Possibly getting an SCS, spinal cord stimulator, as the last option doctors have to help control the pain.  I'm scared but pushing through by the grace of God. 

Thanks for caring!

Gutsy

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #32 on: July 01, 2013, 10:53:06 PM »
Gutsy! Welcome back! Thanks for checking back in; we were worried about you. Still praying for you and good luck with the SCS!
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline OzSly

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #33 on: July 02, 2013, 04:01:51 AM »
G'Day GutsyGirl  O0

Welcome back, good to hear from you.

You are still in our prays.

Offline -Doug-

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.
    • Gabe's Shirt Goes To..
« Reply #34 on: July 02, 2013, 07:59:52 AM »
GG keeping you in my prayers. I hope that the SCS helps!!
Life has three aspects: Paradox, Humor, and Change.

Paradox: Life is a mystery; don't waste time figuring it out.
Humor: Keep a sense of humor, especially about yourself. It is a strength beyond all measure
Change: Know that nothing stays the same.

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #35 on: July 02, 2013, 08:46:50 AM »
God bless you Gutsy. One day at a time honey.

Offline lightbulp

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #36 on: July 02, 2013, 09:02:43 AM »
You are an inspiration to me (and i believe to all others) Gutsygirl  :)

My prayers and my positive thoughts to you... Stay strong
Please forgive me for the mistakes in my posts.
English is not my native language.

Offline Cave Dweller

• Bald & Bearded and staying that way.
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Not Bear nor Troll - just in the dark with the TV
« Reply #37 on: July 02, 2013, 04:19:31 PM »
You are in my prayers, too, GutsyGirl.

Really hoping this work for you.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2013, 04:22:12 PM by Cave Dweller »
"A man who has lost his hair and is bald is clean."
Leviticus 13:40
(Do not argue with Moses!)

Offline gutsygirl

• Sly
« Reply #38 on: July 02, 2013, 08:16:48 PM »
Just three minutes, Cave Dweller?  I'm so sorry.   :*))  (Eh, hope I didn't cross the line joking around on that one.   >:D )

Thanks everyone, Cave Dweller certainly included.  I really appreciate your prayers more than you know.  I pray for God to heal me and know that if He doesn't in this life, I've got one huge Rain Check to cash when I see Him upstairs!!!  :D  You better believe it!!

I keep going back and forth in my brain about whether or not I should proceed with the SCS.  I see this being advertised by the company that makes it, and there are only OLD people on the promo materials!  What about those of us who are in our 20's and 30's who are falling the mess apart and who've only got three minutes (couldn't resist)?  I mean, are we supposed to feel like old far*s?  I think this is eventually gonna hit me hard emotionally, but I'm trying to delay the inevitable.   :-X

Love ya'll!

Offline Crowbar

• Sly
« Reply #39 on: July 03, 2013, 05:56:22 AM »
All good to you gutsygirl

Sounds like you may need to do more research? and talking to people who have had treatment? Although sounds like you already have been doing a lot!
« Last Edit: July 03, 2013, 05:59:04 AM by Crowbar »
and the end of our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time

Offline g_bald

• Team Sly
  • Super Sly
  • Bald IS beautiful... and it will always be so!
« Reply #40 on: August 08, 2013, 12:46:01 PM »
Hi GutsyGirl,

I have seen your posts and you strike me as strong and having a positive outlook. That you are facing so much pain fills my heart with sadness. Bad things should not happen to good people.

I wish you all the strength, support and encouragement you need to make it through this most difficult time. I am sending you thought, prayers, best wishes and hopes that you are finding hope and a reason to smile every day !!!

Best wishes and godspeed you to a complete and full recovery! :)
-gary-

Offline theebaldguy

• Sly Penguin
  • Super Sly
« Reply #41 on: August 14, 2013, 08:38:10 PM »
Hi GutsyGirl,

Your chosen name certainly fits you. I can't imagine living with chronic pain, but your incredible strength, positive outlook, and faith in God is so inspiring. I pray that you will find relief. You have inspired so many of us here. Keep flashing that beautiful smile!

God Bless,
Peter
Just say no to rugs!

MarshalArtist

« Reply #42 on: September 28, 2013, 01:30:04 PM »
GutsyGirl I just found this thread and I want you to know I add you to my prayers now daily.

From a theological perspective it's important to remember that healing can occur even if there is not a cure.  I think you are well on your way to being healed because you are thankful for what you have, take nothing for granted, and are trying to live your life to the fullest despite these issues you have.  (I'm also pleased no one said, "God never gives us more than we can handle" to you because that's just crap--trust me.)

Now putting on my neuropsychiatric hat...I know of two patients who have the same regional pain condition you have that benefitted greatly from using pregabalin (Lyrica).  It's the drug you see on television for fibromyalgia and diabetic neuropathy treatments.  It is being shown to have significant effects on people with neurogenic pain disorders of all sorts.  I have no idea if it will help the autonomic symptoms you're having like blood vessel constriction/dilation, but I think it could help the neuralgia that you have with temperature, pressure, and other stimuli.  (Notice I say could.)  I have no guarantee that it will work for you personally, nor do I know if it is possible for you personally to use this drug as I do not know your whole medical history.  Maybe you've already tried it and it didn't work for you.  But if you haven't tried it, it wouldn't hurt to ask your doctors about it.  If it doesn't work, you're where you are now but if it does, you could be feeling so much better.

Blessings and perfect Peace,
Marshal

Offline gutsygirl

• Sly
Re: Re: Could use support - new diagnosis
« Reply #43 on: January 06, 2014, 12:24:34 PM »
Hello gents and ladies. I am doing well now. I had my spinal cord stimulator implant surgery on December 14th. So I'm not yet 1 month out from the surgery. I am doing much better than we expected. The simulator is helping with about 40 to 60 percent of my pain, or at least certain types of pain. I'm very happy about that. I have 4 months of movement restrictions, & I am NOT allowed to bend, twist, turn, or lift more than 5 pounds. So I'm not able to fully care for myself. However, I have a CNA coming in the mornings to my home and usually a friend will stop by at night to help me get to bed. I am happy, and sly as usual.

I'm trying to get caught up on some blogging. So now, I am resting as I recover, and that should give me some good time to write. I want you guys to know how much it means to me that you have been praying and supporting me. I feel very blessed indeed. Here's to a wonderful 2014.

Offline Frontier Guy

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • SBC: Sly By Choice ... "Since May 18, 2012"
« Reply #44 on: January 06, 2014, 12:51:42 PM »
Strong, positive, healing thoughts are beaming in your direction. You've taught us all so much about appreciating every day and dealing with the unexpected  challenges which may emerge.
"Sly can adapt to all surroundings!" - Wisdom from KG 8/19/2012