Author Topic: Protein Powder That Tastes Good?  (Read 8859 times)

Offline thebbqguy

• Sly
    • Get Your Prep On
Protein Powder That Tastes Good?
« on: November 17, 2012, 07:49:25 PM »
I am looking for a protein powder that tastes good. Does anyone have some suggestions? I have found an excellent supplement that works extremely well, but after drinking it daily for a couple of weeks the taste wears me down. Then I stop drinking it for a couple of weeks.

It's an on again, off again thing. I drank it solid for 2 months and did see benefits. I lost weight and felt better.

Rather than spend another $30 on powders that also taste bad, I thought I'd ask for some recommendations. I haven't found anything at GNC that tastes good. Even the stuff they say tastes good is terrible.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2012, 08:51:14 PM by thebbqguy »

TheBBQGuy

Offline MMArob

• Sly Jr.
Re: Protein Powder That Tastes Good?
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2012, 08:25:46 PM »
-Optimum Nutrition 100% whey gold standard "extreme milk chocolate" or "mocha cappuccino" for fast acting protein after waking up and during the day, and before bed:
-Optimum Nutrition 100% casein gold standard "chocolate supreme" (best taste imo and covers a lot of your daily calcium needs).

All three have sugar replacement and the extreme milk chocolate has a creamer as well which isn't "ideal" but works for weight loss, workout nutrition, etc just as well as pure whey imo.
No better tasting protein out there, I heard Jay Robb's protein powder is supposed to be good as well, never tried it though...

Rob

Offline Beardman

• Sly Bureau
  • Sly and loving it since 2 June 2012
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2012, 09:29:46 PM »
I've heard lots of good things about Optimum Nutrition, I don't know what is available where you are. But I've tried Elemental Nutrition's Shredding Matrix, Body Science's Hydroxyburn pro (I think it was called) and the Max's super shred. They all tasted good to me. I know they are all readily available in Australia.

Offline thebbqguy

• Sly
    • Get Your Prep On
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2012, 07:11:53 AM »
Thanks for the suggestions.
TheBBQGuy

Offline jaypksfo

• Sly
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2012, 09:10:44 AM »
I like Muscle Milk

Offline Arbaldguy

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2012, 05:12:46 PM »
Optimum Gold Standard Whey, Mocha Cappuccino, best tasting protein I have found, not a bad price either.

Offline baldOUfan

• Sly Okie
  • Sly
  • Boomer Sooner
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2012, 07:50:09 PM »
body fortress super advanced whey protein vanilla

Offline MMArob

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2012, 12:46:06 AM »
Well if this was a poll the only brand with multiple mentions (3) would be optimum nutrition.
And 2 out of those three recommended the flavor mocha cappuccino... O0  ;D

Rob

BaldRob

« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2012, 06:35:01 AM »
I have to agree with MMARob and others... ON Gold Standard Whey typically has the best flavor (I use vanilla and chocolate).

Also, I have a friend that was in the supplement business and gave me some good info about protein.  There are only a couple of manufacturers that make the base protein powder.  In his opinion, the best by far is ON and in addition to their own label, they are also the main supplier to GNC.

Some of the others, such as Muscle Milk and Body Fortress don't have the same quality standards and typically don't have all the stuff they claim to.  When he was full time designing various powders, vitamins, etc, he would do research on all the manufacturers and found out about the quality differences.  He swears by ON and their products.

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2012, 07:22:09 AM »
https://store.maximizedliving.com/scripts/prodView.asp?idProduct=89

While not 'cheap', this is a very tasty protein powder drink. The chocolate version is also good.

ML Perfect Protein is derived from the whey of 100% naturally-raised cows. Never injected with hormones or fed grains or genetically modified foods, they graze on natural grass pastures free of pesticides and chemicals. Vital enzymes, immune factors, and amino acids remain intact through low-temperature delicate filtration to prevent any nutrient damage.
Fortified with vitamins and minerals, plus L-Lysine and Glucosamine for collagen and cartilage strength, and
Chicory Root Extract and Glutamine to aid digestion, ML Perfect Protein is the ideal protein powder for your
everyday health or for enhanced recovery from exercise.

Natural Flavors: Stevia Leaf, Natural Vanilla flavor, Sea Salt

Offline 440satellite

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2013, 06:45:44 PM »
I'm a big fan of the GNC 100% Whey unflavored.  You can flavor it with a bit of anything to keep the variation there so you don't get bored and it doesn't taste like fake chocolate, bannana, or whatever.  I usually try to whip some fruit into it on occassion or fire in a little real vanilla or other flavoring for a quick out the door on the way to work shake.  To me there's nothing worse than fake fruit flavors.

Offline RichieRichie

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2013, 11:07:10 PM »
Optimum nutrition is very good and you can't beat the price. Syntha-six by BSN is even better tasting in my opinion.  :D

Offline tx6686

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2013, 11:52:19 AM »
I am a kinesiology major and very much into fitness. Along with that I have tried way too many powders. I discovered a protein powder this year through a friend. www.rxwhey.com....Honestly man you cant go wrong with this stuff highest quality and best ingredients... You may pay a little more but honestly you will NOT be disapointed. They dont use fillers or any of that other stuff...you can check out their ingredients very simple compared to ON which has a lot of ingredients.

Offline geddyflea

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2013, 01:10:39 PM »
I like the GNC chocolate whey.  Tastes great mixed in with my morning oatmeal!

Muscle milk is great but check the servings - you need two scoops to get a good amount of protein.

Dymatize Elite is also very good.   

Enter your email address: