Author Topic: Best clippers that shave as close as a razor?  (Read 157566 times)

Offline JDW

• Sly Guy in Training
Best clippers that shave as close as a razor?
« on: November 10, 2011, 05:30:09 AM »
So I invested £15 in a wahl clipper and I was deeply disapointed with how short it cuts compared to my last one.

I just want to know which clippers have got the shortest zero cut? I hope you understand what I mean, I just want a clipper that gets as close to a razor shaved length as possible.

Thank you!

Offline Paul the Headblader

• Sly Bureau
  • They see me rollin' they hatin'
    • My facebook page :)
Re: Best clippers that shave as close as a razor?
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2011, 10:37:25 AM »
why not just shave it?
it's easy, reliable, fun:d
be who you are, say what you feel, because those who matter don't mind, and those who mind don't matter

Offline JDW

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2011, 10:40:48 AM »
Yeah I will try it out but I don't know... I quess I just want to check my alternatives

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2011, 11:11:00 AM »
Yeah I will try it out but I don't know... I quess I just want to check my alternatives
aim to the shave!
it rulz, trust me :P
be who you are, say what you feel, because those who matter don't mind, and those who mind don't matter

Slynito

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2011, 12:25:10 PM »
Listen to Paul...BBC rulz!

Offline JDW

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2011, 03:05:43 PM »
Okay I'm going to do it, I've bought a razor/cream/moisturizer from Amazon all for under £20. So they should come around Saturday/Monday so once they come I'll get down to it. Thanks for replies even though neither of you acutely recommended a set of clippers!  ;D

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2011, 10:12:04 PM »
it may look like an ..antourage, but trust me! you'll just love it :)
and, if you're afwaid, visit the barber for the first time, it's the way I did it, and it gave me confidence
Just remember to share with us the feeling of being free :)

Offline JDW

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2011, 02:46:24 AM »
I think I'm more excited than scared, I mean I'm used to have a zero buzz cut for past 4 years but their is a big difference between a razor cut and a clipper cut and I just hope my head doesnt get too cold during this winter!  ^-^ Yes I'll be sure to tell you how it goes, thanks.

Offline baldjoeg

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Newport Beach, CA. A great place to be in March.
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2011, 06:09:52 PM »
Congrads on taking the plunge.

I have had best results using a razor, I have use the Gillette Mach 3 and the Gillette Fusion. I have laso tried the headblade which is a good raxor but takes some time to get used to.

I have a Wahl balding electric razor which I have tried as well as a con-air clean head shaver.

I truly prefer a regular razor with shaving cream etc.

Hope that You enjoy your new sly look.

:)

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2011, 10:34:46 PM »
Ok, so can I consider myself the one who "dragged' you on this road?:D
joke:D
well done, congratz :)
share some pics with us asap:D

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2011, 05:31:32 AM »
I'd like to jump in here. Nobody has really answered the original question.  Which clipper clips to the shortest length.

I bring this up for a reason.  Last night, I met some friends at a restaurant. A mom and dad, their daughter and her boyfriend. The boyfriend looked shaved bald ... but as I talked, he said, no, this was just clippers. I really want to shave bald or find a barber who will do a razor cut.  Well, the barber across the street does them! So I gave the reference. (thank you, he said). I could not talk too long, but I was really curious, which clipper he's using to cut that close.  With my wahl, when I clip to no guard, I don't look that short.  Maybe I need to adjust the blades on my clipper. Maybe different clippers had different minimum lengths. I think this was the original question.

I'll agree with the current discussion ... why not just shave and be done with it.  But along the way, or perhaps if your blades are all worn down and you want a very close buzz ... which clipper would do the best job? Which would be closest to sly?

I think that was the question. So, let's discuss.

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2011, 05:35:01 AM »
So what did the boyfriend say.?

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2011, 05:51:09 AM »
He didn't. I did not have time to ask that question.  We were with OUR group and they THEIRS and I did not want to monopolize the conversation. We only had a few minutes to chat while waiting for tables.

Now, I did google and found this.

The barber mentions using a #000 clipper and www.andis.com. Looks like they make professional clippers .... and lots of blade choices in various guages.  Wahl also seem to have some 'trimmer' blades which might be shorter than their standard clipper blades. Maybe that's the answer. But it looked like some of their trimmer blades only fit some clippers, not all.

Slynito

« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2011, 08:13:16 AM »
The Andis looks like a quality machine and with the "00000" should be pretty close. I'd say .1mm is very close, whatcha think?

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2011, 04:08:10 AM »
Not that I was looking for much for Christmas, but my cousin surprised me with a set of Andis clippers just like in the barbershop! I was excited because this is a good alternative for the next couple of weeks until I can use the razor again! Most importantly, I can trim my own facial hair...looks like my barber may be out of a job this coming year....
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.