Author Topic: New Member: My head is always sticky and sweaty  (Read 3005 times)

Offline Smelly Savalas

• Learning the way of Sly
New Member: My head is always sticky and sweaty
« on: May 02, 2017, 02:43:31 PM »
Hey guys (and ladies),

I just joined this group because I am looking to see if anyone can help me with this one problem I am having.

Started shaving my head a little over a year ago and frankly I have loved it.  I think it looks better on me than having the bald spot, and I don't deal with irritation or anything.  I use the Gillette fusion razor and would like to shave as often as possible but there is one problem I have been dealing with from the start.

When I am cleanly shaven, my head is ridiculously glossy/shiny and sweaty.  It feels like my pours are just so open and gross.  If you were to rub my head the same day I shaved it, it would likely feel gross...a combination of slimey and sweaty.  After I get a nights sleep, the next day it is not like that anymore, but for awhile it is and it is gross.  It is why I only shave 2x a week when I'd love to shave more.

Is there anything you can put on your head directly after shaving to maybe close or block the pours quicker?  For what its worth, I have the same issue with my face immediately after shaving as well (the sticky feeling).  I use the same generic aftershave on my face and my head, which might not be helping, but I feel like the overall problem is with my pores in general.

Does anyobody know any ways I can fix this?

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: New Member: My head is always sticky and sweaty
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2017, 03:23:51 PM »
Welcome, S.S. (love the username!)

In the beginning, when I had that problem (I've been shaving for nine years now) I would always rub some baby powder (a small amount) all over my head. You could also invest in alum blocks, but baby powder works well...My personal preference is Gold Bond Powder. Are you washing your scalp before or after you shave your head? I usually wash my scalp first to get the dirt out of the pores because some people when they shave without washing, the cream can get into dirty pores and leave a mess when they sweat . Just a couple of suggestions.
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Re: New Member: My head is always sticky and sweaty
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2017, 07:55:14 PM »
Are you using anything to wash your head after your shave?  You could also use head wipes during the day to do a quick clean up. Both HeadBlade and Bee Bald make them.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.