Author Topic: How long does it take you to shave?  (Read 21934 times)

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Re: How long does it take you to shave?
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2006, 03:02:46 PM »
Since I have started using the Headblade and getting used to it, I've found that I can now shave my head in about 5 minutes, versus the 10 minutes it was taking with my electric.  Gotta love the time savings!
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Professor Melon

• Professor Melon
  • Super Sly
  • Professor Melon
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2006, 04:29:00 PM »
 :) Mates: it takes me about 20 minutes to shower,  then shave my head  and face, using the Mach III Turbo. I try not to rush and use the 'touch' technique to ideanify any spots that still have fuzz.  I find that I can get four shaves out of every Mach III  bladehead. There is a noticeable difference between the fresh blade and the one nearing extinction. The Mach III is less efficient on the face than on the head. After shaving, I use either Neutrogena Post  Shave Lotion or Baldguys Moisture Gel to quieten the abrasion. I am convinced that showering is key, as it softens the stubble and prepares it for razoring. The time spent in this routine is less than the time spent in fussing over "fluffing" and hair-spraying in my previous life--and the results are far better. No fear of bending over, or of unsettling hats, or of gusts of wind. Beautiful, livable truth.  Professor Melon
Embrace the bald truth

Offline David

• the v-train is coming through
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • being sly flying high
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2006, 12:50:14 AM »
40-45 minutes.   I am learning not to be a perfectionist about it though and I can shave while listening to my ipod with my cool skin electric shaver(which is way cool).   I have thick stubble from my past thick hair, and it takes some work to get most of it pretty smooth(it likes to be sandpaper for some reason).   However, considering how fast it wants to grow(within hours honestly) I probably will stop trying to be a perfectionist about it because it isn't worth the time.   
« Last Edit: December 04, 2006, 02:23:03 AM by David »
bald for life

Offline Medic aka Rocko

• Super Sly
  • Yikes
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2006, 07:26:13 PM »
My daily routine takes about 20 minutes for head & face.  If I'm pressed for time, I can do both in about 5-8 minutes.  The quick job is pretty "low quality" though.

Offline Tom McGarry.

• SBG Rules !!!
  • Sly Bureau
  • I LOVE BEING AN SBG!!!!
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2007, 02:43:51 PM »
You guys are all fast, although I've never acually timed myself, I'm prety sure it's longer than 30 minutes, As for me after I think I've finnished the task, I rub my head with one hand in all possible directions to find any rough spots, that arent realy visible, and when I fing one, or two, or three I follow my one hand with the razor untill I think I got them all. Then I'll be watching TV or on the computer and rub my head and find another one, so I grab the razor again.
Am I the only crazy one who does this????
AKA: The Original Canadian HeadBlader

Offline Tom McGarry.

• SBG Rules !!!
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2007, 02:48:10 PM »
You guys are all fast, although I've never acually timed myself, I'm prety sure it's longer than 30 minutes, As for me after I think I've finnished the task, I rub my head with one hand in all possible directions to find any rough spots, that arent realy visible, and when I fing one, or two, or three I follow my one hand with the razor untill I think I got them all. Then I'll be watching TV or on the computer and rub my head and find another one, so I grab the razor again.
Did I mention that, that was just for my head, not my face?? :/O

Offline happyharry

• Team Sly
  • Super Sly
  • bald, bold and beautiful
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2007, 03:04:50 PM »
Did I mention that, that was just for my head, not my face?? :/O

Hi CanadianHeadblader,

no, you're not the only one who does it. I used to do that in the beginning (when I first started shaving): I would curse whenever I would find a spot I missed an hour or so after shaving, and I'd take the razor and go over it quickly.
But now, well, I just make sure I'll get everything in the first place, and I don't bother going back an hour or so after I've put all my shaving utensils away. But that's just me. That doesn't mean, however, that I feel comfortable with missing spots.

Harry

PS: Welcome to the forum! It looks like our Canadian community is growing. That's a good thing...
Who loves ya, baby?

Offline David

• the v-train is coming through
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • being sly flying high
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2007, 03:17:22 PM »
I would say I have cut mine down to 20-30 minutes.   It could be less but going against the grain takes most of the time.
bald for life

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2007, 08:24:28 PM »
12 to 15 minutes including face  B33r

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2007, 08:25:57 PM »
not sure how long it takes.

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline Tom McGarry.

• SBG Rules !!!
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2007, 08:32:31 PM »
Well I actually tomed myself tonight, it took me 1 hour on the nose start to finnish, including my face, by the way as you can see I too have the soda patch. But while watching UFC Fight Night on Spike I rubed my head and sure enough I found a rough spot. Damn time for round 2. g@@4

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2007, 07:02:26 AM »
DOH!!!
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline Shiny

• Sly
  • Celebrate the bean
« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2007, 07:20:56 AM »
Depends on how fussy (or fuzzy) I am.  Normally about 20 minutes but sometimes I get real fussy about those sandpaper patches too.  One of the weird side effects of this Alopecia Areata is that sometimes when my hair would grow back, it would grow back in a different direction so now I have 3 or 4 different parts in my hair and a lot of different directions of the grain to shave against.  Hence the sandpaper patches take time to track down and eradicate.  Yesterday though, I was in a rush and shaved head and face in about 5 minutes.  Did a fairly good job, got rid of a zit and nearly lost an ear.   ;D
I'm Brian and so is my wife!

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2007, 07:24:39 AM »

....got rid of a zit and nearly lost an ear.   ;D

;D :*)) :)

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #29 on: January 26, 2007, 09:36:56 AM »
Since I have started using the Headblade and getting used to it, I've found that I can now shave my head in about 5 minutes, versus the 10 minutes it was taking with my electric.  Gotta love the time savings!

I'm about the same. When I first shaved my head on New Year's Day, it took close to 15 minutes. A lot of that time was because I was laughing so hard because the change in my appearance was so dramatic. Since then, the time spent has dropped considerably. I'm probably close to 10 minutes for the dome and the face....and no one's laughing.  >:(

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Enter your email address: