Author Topic: Bought Sensor3 System blades...Not working..  (Read 1524 times)

Offline jordan12

• Sly Guy in Training
Bought Sensor3 System blades...Not working..
« on: September 24, 2011, 02:22:09 PM »
I bought these specifically:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0001LQGEM/ref=rcxsubs_mys2_product_title

I also bought these adapters:

http://www.headblade.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=HB&Product_Code=2006&Category_Code=accessories

They seem to attach correctly. I have the blue part on top. But when I try to use them, they glide fine, but are not shaving anything. Just glides right over the hair.
I see where the adapter pivots, etc. I tried messing with the pivots, but still does nothing. I was going to try it with the blue part on the bottom, but just a small little swipe shows me that the blue part has to be on top..

So any thoughts on what I might be doing wrong?  I am a bit pissed about it.

Offline Chavster

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
Re: Bought Sensor3 System blades...Not working..
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2011, 03:23:09 PM »
Sorry, I dont have any idea :( I hate Headblade so its all beyond me. Im sure someone can help you out though :)

Offline emolient

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2011, 03:31:57 PM »
They seem to attach correctly. I have the blue part on top. But when I try to use them, they glide fine, but are not shaving anything. Just glides right over the hair.

So any thoughts on what I might be doing wrong?  I am a bit pissed about it.
It sounds as though you have the cartridge mounted upside-down. If the blue part is the lubricating strip it should be on the bottom. The edges of the blades should be pointing toward the front of the HeadBlade. This is the opposite of the way the cartridge is mounted on a regular handle

Offline killua1910

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2011, 02:20:39 AM »
haha, i'm glad i never put much fuss in choosing blades

Offline buddha

• Sly Bureau
  • Cut myself shaving!
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2011, 03:09:41 AM »
I looked at the picture on the box that is in the photo on Amazon's page. In that pic the blue strip is on top and the blades are pointing down. This would indicate that when the blade is mounted on the shaver it needs to be mounted so that the blue strip is being dragged behind the blades. In the case of HB that would mean that the blue strip would be on the bottom. With a conventional razor the blue strip would be on top.
I have Sensor Excels that I was addicted to until I tried the HB triples. They always worked fine so I don't think that the problem is that there is something wrong with the carts. It is strange to mount the blade backward on a razor but with the HB you are actually pushing the blades rather than dragging them as you would with a stick razor. That's why the cart has to be mounted backward.
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it never really care for anything else thereafter."
Ernest Hemingway, On The Blue Water.

Offline -Doug-

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.
    • Gabe's Shirt Goes To..
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2011, 10:00:20 AM »
I've used the Sensor blades in the past with the HeadBlade. The blades need to be oriented so that the are pointing away from the wheels of the HB. The lubricating strip (as others have pointed out) needs to be "behind" the blades.
Life has three aspects: Paradox, Humor, and Change.

Paradox: Life is a mystery; don't waste time figuring it out.
Humor: Keep a sense of humor, especially about yourself. It is a strength beyond all measure
Change: Know that nothing stays the same.

Offline gardner179

• Sly
  • uk sly
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2011, 05:55:42 PM »
mate . what razor are you using, if it is a headblade you need the black adapter[ it looks like you are using this one] and you put the blade on upside down, i-e the lubricating strip at the bottom, hope this helps  O0 O0