Author Topic: New Headblade Sport  (Read 10759 times)

Offline Acme

• Super Sly
  • Who's the bald guy?
Re: New Headblade Sport
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2011, 06:06:22 PM »
I bought this thing 2 months ago when I first shaved my head but was scared of it and the learning curve.  I finally decided to give it a try and  D#tG3t.  For me, it was very awkward and didn't seem to do a good job.  I took a couple swipes at the top of my head, which I think is the easiest part, and then went back to the Gillette.  I may give it another try but I don't think the thing is for me.  I also use my left hand for my whole head and I don't think I can switch the thing back and forth between hands to do either side of my head.  I can play the piano and tennis with both hands but other things are one or the other.

If I had tried this thing first, I probably would have given up on shaving my head.  I also run the Gillette razor at all different angles on my head because the hair doesn't grow uniformally in any particular direct and this thing just doesn't lend itself to doing that easily.

That's just my 2 cents.

Offline Laser Man

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2011, 06:27:36 PM »
Acme,

I know what you mean. I started with a Headblade, but switched to a Gillette Fusion a couple months back. I get a closer shave and can maneuver the Fusion better to get at spots where my hair grows at odd angles. I also have never had a nick from the Fusion, but I can't make the same claim with the HeadBlade.

Offline skram

• Sly
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2011, 10:18:13 AM »
When I bought mine at Shoppers Drug Mart a couple of weeks ago, I ended up with the old Sport model. Here in Nova Scotia, Canada, looks like only Shoppers and Lawtons carry HB products and I haven't seen the new model in an of their stores.

Looks like I'll be in Maine in a couple of weeks, so I'll take a look while I'm there. I'm also going to look for the SPF and the smaller HS/HL bottles (For travel), since neither of those are available here either. (All I can find here for HB products are: the old model of the Sport, HS and Matte).

Offline -Doug-

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.
    • Gabe's Shirt Goes To..
« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2011, 11:01:29 AM »
All I can find here for HB products are: the old model of the Sport, HS and Matte.

That is pretty much all that is available in the stores. The rest is available from their website.
Life has three aspects: Paradox, Humor, and Change.

Paradox: Life is a mystery; don't waste time figuring it out.
Humor: Keep a sense of humor, especially about yourself. It is a strength beyond all measure
Change: Know that nothing stays the same.

Offline skram

• Sly
« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2011, 11:45:36 AM »
All I can find here for HB products are: the old model of the Sport, HS and Matte.

That is pretty much all that is available in the stores. The rest is available from their website.

Too bad. I was hoping more would be available in store when I'm in the US. I'll look into their shipping policies to Canada - often though it's not worth it with the shipping costs and the duty/brokerage fees that can get tacked on at the border.

Offline -Doug-

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.
    • Gabe's Shirt Goes To..
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2011, 12:05:11 PM »
Click on any of the HeadBlade banner ad on this site and you'll save 20%. Might help offset the shipping costs.
Life has three aspects: Paradox, Humor, and Change.

Paradox: Life is a mystery; don't waste time figuring it out.
Humor: Keep a sense of humor, especially about yourself. It is a strength beyond all measure
Change: Know that nothing stays the same.

Offline Stevo

• Agile, Mobile, Audiophile
  • Sly
    • Country Road of Life
« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2011, 05:34:36 PM »

The new Sport is now on the shelves here in the States, replacing the "old" Sport, at least that's the case at Walgreen's.