Author Topic: BEST Clippers for Head-Shavers Who Don't Like a Razor Shaved Dome!!!  (Read 493393 times)

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
Re: BEST Clippers for Head-Shavers Who Don't Like a Razor Shaved Dome!!!
« Reply #150 on: January 09, 2016, 05:03:45 PM »
Sometimes I use my Remington 3 blade foil electric shaver. Yes, I can use it everyday, and it's ALMOST as close as a razor. Never any irritation.
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline Derris The Barber

• Sly
« Reply #151 on: January 09, 2016, 07:40:16 PM »
My bad guys for not follwing up with y'all I've been busy. I now use the Andis T-Outliner and I bought a modified blade so it shaves the hair down very very tight. Just about a day's worth of growth. I use it on my customers all the time and I also use my Wahl 5 Star Shaver if my customers doesn't want a straight razor shave but wants their head bald. Plus Reddog the BBC fits you well!
-Derris The Barber

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #152 on: January 09, 2016, 08:34:59 PM »
My bad guys for not follwing up with y'all I've been busy. I now use the Andis T-Outliner and I bought a modified blade so it shaves the hair down very very tight. Just about a day's worth of growth. I use it on my customers all the time and I also use my Wahl 5 Star Shaver if my customers doesn't want a straight razor shave but wants their head bald. Plus Reddog the BBC fits you well!
In the barber school I attend we have switched from the Wahl 5 star to the Andis foil shaver.  They are more reliable.  I use them every day on clients and they shave heads really well.

Offline Goatee

• Bald and Proud to be!
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #153 on: March 06, 2016, 06:31:52 AM »
In the barber school I attend we have switched from the Wahl 5 star to the Andis foil shaver.  They are more reliable.  I use them every day on clients and they shave heads really well.

Do they shave really close? Like a one day stubble? or less?

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #154 on: March 07, 2016, 12:27:54 AM »
Yes, they do.  Not quite as close as a blade, but like three hours after a blade shave.

Offline Goatee

• Bald and Proud to be!
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Last Edit: March 08, 2016, 02:19:22 PM by Goatee »

Offline super max

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #156 on: March 19, 2016, 10:16:32 PM »
I've been wanting to try a foil shaver as an occasional alternative to a blade, so following the good advice here I picked up an Andis Profoil Lithium. Just tried it and I'm very impressed with the tight, smooth result, almost blade close.

I did notice some friction between shaver and my dry head, causing some minor tugging and skipping of the shaver. Should I be using a product like Williams Lectric Shave for a pre-shave conditioner? This is all new territory for me so what do you recommend as a skin treatment for foil shaving?

Thanks guys.

Offline gwizzer

« Reply #157 on: May 21, 2016, 04:39:23 AM »
Just joined and thought I'd give some feedback.

I've used Wahl Balding Clippers for years, they do a great job getting down close.  I've used the headblade razors a few times and they're good but  I wanted a close as possible shave without using razors.

That's when I purchased the Andis Profoil Lithium Foil Shaver.  These are amazing - the shave feels as close as you can get!

Wish these were sold in the UK, I had to order mine on Ebay from America and bought a 2pin to 3pin plug converter for charging.

For anyone thinking of purchasing a new head shaver I would highly recommend the Andis Profoil.

Offline EN4CER

• Sly
« Reply #158 on: May 29, 2016, 10:27:36 AM »
Hi guys, I wonder if you can add anything to my thread on Andis Profoil and shaving ??

Cheers  :@`
Growing Old Disgracefully - But Bald!

Offline Goatee

• Bald and Proud to be!
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #159 on: July 06, 2016, 04:28:51 AM »
Looking for a trimmer now that will cut down to a '0'. Like one has not shaved for a few hours / day? Any ideas?

Offline EN4CER

• Sly
« Reply #160 on: July 06, 2016, 06:22:57 AM »
Wahl detailer. V low

Offline EN4CER

• Sly
« Reply #161 on: July 06, 2016, 06:23:06 AM »
Wahl detailer. V low

Offline mahaw90

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #162 on: September 24, 2016, 05:20:39 PM »
Skull shaver, best out there. Super fast, super bald

Offline jimmyc

« Reply #163 on: October 10, 2016, 06:57:45 AM »
I tried skull shaver and it's so far the best.  However, the quality of the product is no there yet.  I've ordered a unit with 2 x spare blades just over a year ago.  Tried to use the spare shaver heads and it wouldn't fit in the unit.  It's completely loose and therefore unusable.  Just now I went to have a hair cut and the unit has stopped working.  Unfortunately, I'm in Australia and the support from skull shaver is non-existent.  I sent them an email to tell them about the spare heads I bought which is unusable a while ago but have not heard anything back from them at all.  Don't get me wrong their product is great, but the quality of their product is really  bad and the company also lacks customer support, so I won't be using their product anymore.

Enough rant.  Can anyone here recommend something that is similar to skull shaver?

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #164 on: October 15, 2016, 03:19:08 PM »
Does anybody still use WAHL BALDING CLIPPERS.?

Enter your email address: