Author Topic: Skydiving!  (Read 11777 times)

Offline BigKen

• Super Sly
Skydiving!
« on: July 23, 2017, 09:03:00 PM »
What's up fellas? The company I work for has a summer outing next week, which includes skydiving! I am one of the individuals who will be jumping!! :o I'm excited and nervous at the same time, as it's my first time. Have any of you ever skydived? Please share your experience! The more I know the more prepared I'll be.

Offline BigKen

• Super Sly
Re: Skydiving!
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2017, 08:58:22 AM »
With no responses to my post, I'm presuming most of you haven't skydived before for whatever reason. As an update, our company trip was cancelled due to the damn rain in the area. However, it's postponed until sometime in September, so that leaves me more time to pester you on your thoughts on skydiving. :P

Offline Dragon

• Super Sly
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2017, 10:18:19 AM »
I have, it was a while ago and was with round chutes rather than the square chutes which are much more numerous now.  it was a fantastic experience, jumped several times, you will enjoy it.  Its so quite up there.

Offline BigKen

• Super Sly
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2017, 10:36:54 PM »
I have, it was a while ago and was with round chutes rather than the square chutes which are much more numerous now.  it was a fantastic experience, jumped several times, you will enjoy it.  Its so quite up there.

Thank you for your response, Dragon! What's the feeling like the moment you jump out of the plane?

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2017, 12:04:08 AM »
Hey BigKen, I've never skydived, but it's on the bucket list. I look forward to hearing about your experience!
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline BigKen

• Super Sly
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2017, 07:55:32 AM »
Hey BigKen, I've never skydived, but it's on the bucket list. I look forward to hearing about your experience!

Definitely Ty, I'd love to fill you in!

Offline BigKen

• Super Sly
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2017, 03:09:05 PM »
Hey there fellas, I finally took the plunge this past Saturday and skydived!! Skydiving was nothing like an experience I’ve felt before! What a rush it was and very exhilarating! I admit there were some last minute jitters on the plane but certainly no regrets. The first five seconds or so exiting the plane were the hardest, but everything after that felt and looked amazing. I recommend anyone to skydive at least once in their life; it’s quite an adventure! I will post some photos of my dive up soon.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 03:11:26 PM by BigKen »

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2017, 04:55:07 PM »
Glad it went well.  I would not mind trying .... except ... why jump from a plane with a perfectly good engine!
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2017, 11:55:32 PM »
Glad you enjoyed it, Ken, congrats!
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline BigKen

• Super Sly
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2017, 02:13:26 PM »
Glad it went well.  I would not mind trying .... except ... why jump from a plane with a perfectly good engine!

:*))

Offline BigKen

• Super Sly
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2017, 02:16:30 PM »
Glad you enjoyed it, Ken, congrats!

Thanks so much Harry! The photos are coming but not the video. The video is a little embarrassing with my facial expressions all over the place. :*))

Offline BigKen

• Super Sly
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2017, 07:22:55 PM »
Here are some of photos from my first skydiving adventure a couple of weeks ago!

« Last Edit: May 28, 2018, 09:34:22 PM by BigKen »

Offline BigKen

• Super Sly
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2018, 09:35:37 PM »
Oh my, I did not know all this time my skydiving photos weren't showing. I guess the program SBG uses to allow the uploading of pictures doesn't work. I uploaded the photos as attachments instead, so they are now visible. O0

Offline JohnRa

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2018, 08:29:58 AM »
Nice pics, love the one with the plane! I used to jump although it was quite a few years ago. I agree with you, it is very hard to describe the feeling. I loved to jump out, look up and watch the plane fall away from me.

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2018, 09:55:11 AM »
Ken you are brave , think the only way l could leave that plane is by being thrown out .
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."