Author Topic: Head Shampoo for acne  (Read 3489 times)

Offline Goatee

• Bald and Proud to be!
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
Head Shampoo for acne
« on: April 13, 2017, 11:41:26 AM »
Guys, do you use a specific head shampoo? I dont but thinking of doing so as i am still getting ruddy acne spots on my head!!! So annoying.

Which shampoo the best?

I use a Gillette 3 blade shaver, shaving brush with Taylors sensitive shaving cream. Afterwards i use bump patrol or Clear Head.

I also wash my head during the day with just water as it can get a little greasy.

Cheers

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
Re: Head Shampoo for acne
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2017, 05:46:17 PM »
When I tried growing my hair back several times, I would always get an acne like folliculitis. I tried so many different things. Shampoo with salicylic acid was recommended, but didn't work at all.

Maybe when you clean it during the day, try some soap with the water. I've seen some acne treatment pads you could clean with during the day too.

Nice to see you here again, been a while.
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline _Dan_

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2017, 09:59:26 PM »
you could actually be drying your scalp too much with the additional washing

the more dry it is, the more likely it is to produce excessive oils, which could add towards the spots/clogged pores etc. So some form of moisturizer could perhaps help.

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2017, 06:35:10 PM »
Even before I went BBC I had a HNT horseshoe flattop and the back and sides were razor shaved against the grain.  I would often get folliculitis on the back and sides where it was shaved against the grain.  My dermatologist said several things:

First; she told me to use T-gel shampoo.  It contains coal tar and after you lather up you let it on your scalp for 3 to 5 minutes to soak into the follicles and clean out any built up sebum.

Second; she told me that if you are going to shave all or part of your head you have to do so very regularly because otherwise as the little shorn hairs start growing back they get caught on the edges of the swollen pore and get inflamed.

Offline Goatee

• Bald and Proud to be!
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2017, 04:03:38 AM »
Thanks guys