Author Topic: Come on, you know the question  (Read 5058 times)

Offline concolorus

• Learning the way of Sly
Come on, you know the question
« on: February 05, 2017, 03:19:55 PM »
Hey there!

I've just joined this community, so first of all my dearest regards to everyone  :)

Some cronies o'mine recently demanded I start shaving my head cause it'd probably kinda suit me... and, well, despite my saying No at first, I do have to admit I wouldn't even be all loath of getting as much as a quarter-inch buzzcut or sth like that

On the other hand, in most cases girls I meet kinda fancy my curls. As you can see on the pictures, I have quite a high forehead, yet not a receding hairline (forehead's always been this high)

So please go ahead and tell me your opinion -If too many claim DO IT, I'll get suspicious btw ;)

Have a nice time:)

http://imageshack.com/a/img924/9120/pszGpH.jpg
http://imageshack.com/a/img923/6062/Lob8eU.jpg

Offline concolorus

• Learning the way of Sly
Forgot my age
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2017, 03:23:05 PM »
Forgot the age, my bad... I'm 21 y/o

Offline amatlock2778

• Sly
Re: Come on, you know the question
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2017, 08:54:22 AM »
Im a big proponent of the idea that every man should try shaving bald at least once in his life, so go for it. A buzz would look great on you, and fully shaved would look even better
Bald by chioce, never going back

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2017, 10:29:26 AM »
My opinion keep the curls .  That is unless you want to give a short buzz cut a try ? 
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2017, 07:34:06 PM »
What do YOU want to do?  You're the one who has to live with it.  I'm sure it will look just fine if you decide to go for it.

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2017, 11:15:30 PM »
  I am a Barber and I will be honest with you.  That forhead  might be  natural for you but the long curls with that high forhead make it look like your hairline is in fact receding.   so whether or not you decide to shave your head younreally should do something  call attention to that high for head.    you could try some sort of a style which reduces the height of your hair; either by combing it down and then over to one side,  or you coul try cutting it into a short buzzcut with tightly skin-faded side. 

If neither of these styles, or the maintenance they will require, sound good to you  I think you should go ahead and try the clean shave.   i'm quite sure  look very good on you because of the shape of your face and with your goatee.   just remember if you do try thoe shave you must do the 30 day rule to give it a fair trial.  if you don't like it after the thirty days it willgrow back into a nice buzzcut in about a week.

but do what YOU want to do, not what other people tell you to do .  Do what makes YOU feel good!

Offline chrisphilly123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2017, 12:25:38 PM »
Hey there!

I've just joined this community, so first of all my dearest regards to everyone  :)

Some cronies o'mine recently demanded I start shaving my head cause it'd probably kinda suit me... and, well, despite my saying No at first, I do have to admit I wouldn't even be all loath of getting as much as a quarter-inch buzzcut or sth like that

On the other hand, in most cases girls I meet kinda fancy my curls. As you can see on the pictures, I have quite a high forehead, yet not a receding hairline (forehead's always been this high)

So please go ahead and tell me your opinion -If too many claim DO IT, I'll get suspicious btw ;)

Have a nice time:)

http://imageshack.com/a/img924/9120/pszGpH.jpg
http://imageshack.com/a/img923/6062/Lob8eU.jpg

i would buzz it to a bare guard and see how you like that. You might be surprised how much positive attention will follow. Pics do appear you have a high hairline but lots of guys do.

Offline Miller1989

• Sly
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2017, 02:14:43 PM »
I think you should try a close buzz. I think you'd really like ti, and you wouldn't have to waste time on your curly hair in the mornings! See how you like the buzz, and maybe you'll want to try the full shave. Your friends are probably right about it suiting you.

Offline Vince

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2017, 04:02:00 AM »
21 years old.  I clearly see the hairline receding on the edges.  It's just a matter of time, but for now I think you have time.  You don't really need to do anything drastic at this point, but if it's bothering you now, then eventually the day will come where you will have to make a serious decision.

So now or later.  Totally up to you.  A buzz cut is a great introductory way to get a feel for what you would look like bald.  You can always grow your hair back if you don't like it.

Good luck with your decision!  O0