Author Topic: Best electric shaver for ingrown hair issues?  (Read 2620 times)

Offline aldrimer

• Learning the way of Sly
Best electric shaver for ingrown hair issues?
« on: February 01, 2017, 08:59:59 AM »
Hi guys.
New guy here - thank you so much for this forum. I've been slowly loosing my hair and last month at the age of 27 I decided to say f**k IT! and buzzed it off. Feels good, actually!
However, I've been experiencing some issues with ingrown hairs, which causes pimples on the sides and in the back. Up until now I've just been using electric hair clippers without a guard (0.5mm), which gives me the desired result, but with the ingrown hairs.
I remember having similar issues before when shaving my beard, but since I switches to a safety razor + learning to shave with the grain those issues evaporated.

Do you guys have any recommendations for electric shavers that work well, are of good quality, and last but not least sensitive skin friendly?
I've been using Tend Skin for my head, which is GREAT for my beard shaves, but does not seem to work for my head currently.

I'm contemplating trying a safety razor shave of my head as well, but I'd rather have an electric shaver due to convenience.

Thank you guys so much for your help!

All the best,
aldrimer
« Last Edit: February 01, 2017, 09:01:36 AM by aldrimer »

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
Re: Best electric shaver for ingrown hair issues?
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2017, 10:44:18 AM »
I sometimes use my Remington triple blade foil electric shaver. Never any irritation, yet ALMOST razor smooth. It's about 8 years old, just replace blades every few years.
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline aldrimer

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2017, 11:56:08 AM »
Thank you, reddog! I've never tried a foil shaver, so hopefully that can be a solution!
I'm so glad I found this forum btw! I've been freaking out a bit over the last couple of weeks trying to get used to the new look, people's reactions, in addition to the skin issues. But hopefully this is just a bump in the road to a new and SLY life :)

I like the freedom the shaved head has given me - when I sort out the skin issues, I'm pretty confident that I'll start to not give any fucks about my head, which is my goal! I've spent the last couple of years stressing out about my receding hairline - no more!!
« Last Edit: February 01, 2017, 11:08:23 PM by aldrimer »

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2017, 12:11:57 PM »
Your welcome. It takes a month or more for your scalp to get used to shaving. I had luck with Bump Patrol for irritation. I can go against the grain multiple times without a problem

Glad you like the bald head. The comments will soon stop, and everyone will get used to your shaved head. What counts is what you like. I think shaved heads look great, and feel even better. Once you get used to it, you will probably love it.
Bald by choice, and loving it!