Author Topic: Teen finally convinced to go sly  (Read 11981 times)

Offline maybeslyguy

• Sly Guy in Training
Teen finally convinced to go sly
« on: August 02, 2016, 03:46:16 PM »
So after some kind words the other day in this post:
http://www.slybaldguys.com/smf/index.php?topic=27264.0
and contemplating that there's not alot of bald teenagers- the world has one more! So I went and got a 0-
Then after walking around in public with it, confidently, I got home and showered the hair off- and decided I was gonna do it right. So I got out and decided to go bald with a razor!
I only really got comments so far on how short it is, but other guys said it looked cool, and your words have helped. I like it and I can't stop feeling it. I'll have a three by the time I'm back at school, but I kind of want to keep it shaved. Idk what the majority might think yet. Your guys thoughts?
« Last Edit: June 29, 2017, 10:30:17 AM by maybeslyguy »

Offline Laser Man

• Sly Bureau
Re: Teen finally convinced to go sly
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2016, 04:39:38 PM »
I commend you for having the fortitude to shave your head at 16.  I know I would not have had the courage to do so and worried about it when I was three times your age.

You are lucky - shaved heads are fare more acceptable now and do not carry a negative connotation.  Many professionals, athletes and celebrities sport shaved heads.

You have discovered that a smooth scalp is very addictive.  Once you've tried it, it is very hard to go back to having hair.  So while you say you'll have a three when school starts, you may find yourself wanting to stay shaved.  In fact what you may find is that your hair grows back, you'll keep thinking about shaving again...

Offline maybeslyguy

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2016, 04:44:16 PM »
Actually it really is. I can't stop touching it and I like it after it's moisturized, the shine is really different  :)
I don't know how people will respond but I am interested and contemplating keeping it bald, it's something I've wanted to do for a while now.

Offline Miller1989

• Sly
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2016, 05:20:00 PM »
Nice!!! What do you parents think of it?

Offline maybeslyguy

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2016, 05:29:38 PM »
My dad kinda laughed it off, probably cause he thought I wouldn't do it, but said it was cool. One of the compliments I got but I'm still contemplating keeping it, I like the feeling.

Offline Laser Man

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2016, 05:52:30 PM »
Glad you like the feeling of slyness - incredibly addicting, isn't it? 

If you want to stay bald for a while and do a good deed at the same time, consider creating a challenge.  Register with the St. Baldricks Foundation and then tell friends, family and classmates that for every X dollars they donate you'll keep your head shaved for a day.  Set the price at something like $5 or $10 per day and see what happens.  Chances are you'll stay bald for a few weeks or months and contribute to a good cause along the way.

Offline Miller1989

• Sly
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2016, 06:22:35 PM »
That's good. Now see what the ladies think of it! lol

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2016, 06:23:40 PM »
I actually think sly looks better on you than the haircut in your original post.
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline maybeslyguy

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2016, 07:22:33 PM »
Thanks alot :) Can you tell me what you think makes it look better? (Besides the shine, I like that part :) )

Offline maybeslyguy

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2016, 07:27:18 PM »

If you want to stay bald for a while and do a good deed at the same time, consider creating a challenge.  Register with the St. Baldricks Foundation and then tell friends, family and classmates that for every X dollars they donate you'll keep your head shaved for a day.  Set the price at something like $5 or $10 per day and see what happens.  Chances are you'll stay bald for a few weeks or months and contribute to a good cause along the way.

That's a nice idea, unfortunately there isn't an event anywhere near me. Besides I'll probably keep it bald for at least a little while, or at least until i get tired of feeling it  :*)) I guess going back to school will be a real challenge in confidence

Offline maybeslyguy

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2016, 07:31:19 PM »
That's good. Now see what the ladies think of it! lol

I have gotten a little more attention for it, some people think I'm older. I guess I was aprehensive because you don't see many bald-by-choice or even bald 16 year olds

Offline Laser Man

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2016, 08:04:55 PM »

That's a nice idea, unfortunately there isn't an event anywhere near me. Besides I'll probably keep it bald for at least a little while, or at least until i get tired of feeling it  :*)) I guess going back to school will be a real challenge in confidence

You can be a "virtual shave" if there's no event scheduled near you.  Check it out.

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2016, 11:43:06 PM »
Suhweet!  You look  great!  And the fully shaved is much better than the short buzz.  I am very glad that your Dad is supportive of it.

If I were you I would stick to the 30 day rule before you make a decision to give it up.  And why grow it back before you go back to school?  This is a great hairstyle for you and when you show up with it like that on the very first day of school people will just accept it as your normal look!  I think that it would be a real shame for you if you didn't keep it and wear it proudly at school.  And who knows, you may have started something for the men in your student body.

Offline Cave Dweller

• Bald & Bearded and staying that way.
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Not Bear nor Troll - just in the dark with the TV
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2016, 05:57:38 AM »
Glad it worked out for you and that you like the results!

As you discovered, there is nothing like that smooth feeling. I also could not stop rubbing the back of my head for the first few months after I started shaving.
"A man who has lost his hair and is bald is clean."
Leviticus 13:40
(Do not argue with Moses!)

Offline amatlock2778

• Sly
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2016, 09:54:35 AM »
Not sure if my post on your other thread came in before or after you had already done the deed,  and it probably doesnt matter much beyond helping assure you that going bbc is a valid choice. But anyway, good for u that u did it. You look great
Bald by chioce, never going back