Author Topic: Bald by choice man struggling  (Read 25064 times)

isleepinthebuff

Re: Bald by choice man struggling
« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2013, 11:55:33 AM »
I have to say I find this thread very confusing? A haircut and let's face it when youshave hair and shave it off it's just a haircut (This whole BBC thing confuses me, and sometimes does sound slightly cult-like, to me it's just a haircut if it can come back). Struggling is a strong word, people struggle with their health of problems but a haircut??
I can understand someone struggling with losing their hair as there is no way back but other than that, it just feels a little dramatic. I found it hard when I decided my hair looked stupid and my forehead so large that having hair was not doing me any favours - now I just wish the rest of it would naff off.

We can't please everyone, so be true to yourself. I really don't see a hair cut as a lifestyle... sorry!  
« Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 01:04:01 PM by Slyest »

Offline leighmundo40

• Super Sly
« Reply #31 on: August 15, 2013, 12:46:03 PM »
I have to say that I agree with Slyest..you are Bald By Choice, the Choice thing is the key. You decided to go with the look you wanted, if you dont like it, you can fortunately grow it back.

Same with other hairstyles, others might not like a perm or highlights (God! Im SO 80's!) but if that person likes it, then who cares!

Opinions are like A Holes..EVERYONE has one!

Offline Oto

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #32 on: August 15, 2013, 07:10:15 PM »
If you feel comfortable with a smooth head, just keep it smooth!. BBC is a style as any other. Most people shave their heads because of bald by nature issues, but there's no problem anyone having a full head shaving his/her head. Don't bother with other people comments, they'll get accostumed to your sly look and stop bothering you.. You look nice with a shaved scalp, go for it!

MarshalArtist

« Reply #33 on: September 20, 2013, 06:17:14 PM »
You it is amazing what people think they may comment on regarding our choices in life. One woman I know told her son, "Oh my G_d! You're gonna make the biggest mistake of your life."  Why? It's hair not an amputation. I fight the urge to be cross with people who do this sort of thing.  I think you are within your rights to let them know their "input" is not appreciated.
My impish side wants to say, "Oh yeah?  Thanks for the tip.  Since we're on the subject of things we don't like...what were you thinking when you dressed this morning? "

Offline Akagan83

• Learning the way of Sly
  • I buy Head and Shoulders for my shoulders
« Reply #34 on: September 23, 2013, 09:12:04 PM »
Do what makes you feel good

Offline Michael

• I Sly therefore I am!
  • Super Sly
  • Last year's Christmas Parade
« Reply #35 on: September 25, 2013, 11:15:55 PM »
Ride YOUR ride my brother!  If this is what you want, and you are cool with it, do it! If others can't deal with it, that's their problem!
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdn-img1.imagechef.com/w/090223/sampd7548abedf90277d.jpg[/img] [/url]

Offline g_bald

• Team Sly
  • Super Sly
  • Bald IS beautiful... and it will always be so!
« Reply #36 on: October 01, 2013, 09:21:50 AM »
I think the sly looks fits you well.

My mom hated the fact I kept buzzing my hair shorter and shorter to keep it more uniform. It was my choice. She also said things when it got to the point that I knew I had to shave it smooth. My family mostly said silly or rather "uneducated" things when they first saw it. They will get over it.

Most people who have such strong opinions about someone else's style (or whatever) have issues themselves and try to make you feel lesser about yourself so that they feel more 'in control.' Just tell them "I like my smooth head and I don't intend to change it," and they'll eventually move onto something else. If you truly enjoy the sly look, then you should be entitled to do whatever makes you happy. It hurts no one and it's just a haircut!

Offline iamthedood

• Sly Guy in Training
Re: Re: Re: Bald by choice man struggling
« Reply #37 on: October 10, 2013, 03:31:13 PM »
As long as you enjoy it  - - -don't worry what others think - - -It is a great look on you. Keep it.
I like this comment & feel that way about my beard too

Offline SlyCl

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #38 on: July 04, 2017, 07:53:44 AM »
If I am understanding this correctly, everybody on this thread has misunderstood the intention of it. BBC many times means you had to hair  and you went through the effort to have it  Lasered off.
 in either a male pattern  shape or completely bald. There is no shaving about it!   the person made a conscious decision to remove his hair permanently.

At least that's my understanding!

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #39 on: July 04, 2017, 08:48:53 AM »
Actually, BBC means a person that is fully capable of growing a full head of hair chooses to go bald by any means.  It could be by razor, trimmer, clipper, laser, or whatever.  Although after laser, the choice goes away, but it started as a choice.  BBC is not necessarily permanent.  Some guys go BBC and then regrow at times, some are seasonal (grow hair back for winter, etc.).  Some view it as just another haircut style choice and change it.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2017, 11:50:00 AM by slybeard »
SlyBeard

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #40 on: July 05, 2017, 06:44:16 AM »
Sorry - duplicate
« Last Edit: July 05, 2017, 11:49:22 AM by slybeard »
SlyBeard

Offline lsflipper

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #41 on: July 16, 2017, 09:44:56 AM »
You just have to give it time like i did. I've been bald for several years now and would look weird now if I had hair. Being bald feels clean and I don't think I could ever go back to having hair, not even a short buzz cut. Just hang in there and do what you want to do.
Larry the bald guy

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
Re: Bald by choice man struggling -The Biggest Mistake of my life!
« Reply #42 on: July 16, 2017, 01:04:14 PM »
Take it from one who has made the mistake and knows first hand what a "big mistake" really is:

The "Biggest Mistake of My LIfe" was listening to what other people told me about how to life my life - and worse yet; acting upon their direction!

I wasted my entire life because I bought in to what other people told me was the "right way to live" and what other people and institutions told me would bring me fulfillment.

If you even have the hint of a desire to opt for shaving your head nice and clean, and if you fail to fulfill your desire, _ then you will have made a mistake!  Not because you look better or worse to others in their eyes - but because you denied yourself.  You will not only have denied yourself the haircut you like, but you will have denigrated yourself in your own eyes!  If you fail to wear the haircut you like, you are in essence telling yourself that they things you feel are "bad" or "wrong" or "not as good as" what others think, feel and do.  If you fail to act upon your own feelings you are telling yourself that you are a "bad person".

It starts with something as trivial as a haircut, but it becomes a life pattern - until one day you wake up and find out that you have lived your whole life for others and that you are an old, lonely unfulfilled man.

Someone here who has wasted his entire life doing just that is begging you not to do the same thing!  Please!

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #43 on: July 16, 2017, 03:45:04 PM »
If I am understanding this correctly, everybody on this thread has misunderstood the intention of it. BBC many times means you had to hair  and you went through the effort to have it  Lasered off.
 in either a male pattern  shape or completely bald. There is no shaving about it!   the person made a conscious decision to remove his hair permanently.

At least that's my understanding!

Your understanding is wrong , at least as it means on this forum.
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."

Offline amatlock2778

• Sly
« Reply #44 on: July 17, 2017, 10:15:16 AM »
Take it from me, just decide you dont care what others think of your choice. If being bbc is the look you want, then thats whst you should do, and stick with it until such a time as you personally dont want it anymore (unless bbc becomes bbn).  If you stck to your guns, tell your loved ones that this is the look you like for yourself, then theyll eventually get used to it, and some of those who currently dont like it, may come to love the look on you. I let others opinions stop me from being bbc for much of my life, from the time i was in my late teens, until i was 37 (im 38 now, so most of my life).  Finally decided, with the help of some events in my life that had me wanting some sort of change, i just didnt care what others think,  im going to just do it, at least to give it a try. Now 1.5 years on, im finally happy with my look hairwise, and people i know and love are used to it. My other half loves the look on me, when he at first was one of the most vocal about disliking it, my closest friend recently said he cant even remember what i look like with hair anymore, and my mom, whose opinion was the main  reason a waited all those years, doesnt say anything anymore,  not that she had much to say to begin with since i did it around the same time she decided to stop fighting her greying hair. I couldnt be happier with my choice now, and eill probably remain bbc until my dying day, or until nature takes the choice away and makes me bbn. You'll be the same way if you just stick with it, let the naysayers know its what you want, you dont care what they think, blah, blah.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 10:18:48 AM by amatlock2778 »
Bald by chioce, never going back

Enter your email address: