Author Topic: Take a walk !!!  (Read 8128 times)

Offline Switchy

• Nice old man ;) Yepper
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • No Worries, Be Happy !
Take a walk !!!
« on: February 16, 2013, 07:51:37 PM »
Used to run when I was younger at one time 3-16 miles a day , it sure felt good at the time but joints are shot now with stuff, to many tackles and injury's and then running !  Time creep's up on a person  :o  ;D but I have found if I get out and walk , it is good for the breathing, soul, attitude, weight, the neighbors dog , well forget that one  :x!  but I take my time and enjoy the life, if you have youngen's you can have them ride there bike's and such !  Not to worry that they are gonna get taken and have sometime , that includes grandkids !  It I guess is called special moments by Hallmark  ;) O0  it will do you good and also the youngen's.  Heck you just never know you might prevent a crime  O:O while you are getting healthy or have heartattack doing it LOL !

But your gonna hit the newspaper one way or the other or maybe both.   :*))

Have a Great Day !

"Continuous effort---not strength or intelligence---is the key to unlocking our potential." 
                                                                                                             -SIR WINSTON CHURCHHILL

Offline OzSly

• Ultimate Sly Guy
Re: Take a walk !!!
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2013, 12:55:28 AM »
Good onya Switchy mate  O0
« Last Edit: February 17, 2013, 01:00:57 AM by OzSly »

Offline John125

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2013, 01:54:40 AM »
I am totally agree with you and would like to say thanks to you that you share this post here with us. I also think that it is most important to stay healthy and also essential  to spend an happy life that you take balanced diet and must do some exercise like walking or swimming.

Offline wutwutman

• Super Sly
  • "Isaac Hayes style boy!" lol
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2013, 09:59:47 AM »
I usually walk on my lunch everyday at work.  I can usually get around 1.5 to 2 miles in if I keep a steady pace.
** Wutwutman **
"To shave or not to shave... is that really a question?"

Offline bella

• Sister Sly
  • Super Sly
  • Sister Sly
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2013, 07:25:41 AM »
Walking is brilliant exercise, low impact, effective, and usually useful in multitasking  :)

As a New Yorker I would try to get up early so that I could walk to work instead of taking the subway or a cab.  It might not seem like much but just that little habit of walking when I had time to instead of taking the subway saved me gym membership $$.

Now that I'm living in suburbia I'm still getting my fitness regimen figured out but my fiance and I have 5 dogs between us and walking them twice a day is great exercise.  Still might join a gym here, though. 

I wish more communities were walk-friendly (sidewalks, pedestrian lights, etc) -- even I get a little freaked when driving around here and I see a pedestrian darting across a road.  EVERYONE DRIVES HERE.  Even if there's no need to (raises hand as someone who is guilty of driving through the parking lot of a shopping centre to move from being closer to one store versus another, though in fairness we were doing heavy grocery shopping...). 

Speaking of, heading out to walk the dogs now  ;D

Offline rudlark

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2013, 01:35:10 AM »
It is really important that one must walk and go for a good regime! A morning walk and evening walk is really good.

Offline Papa Don

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2013, 07:36:10 AM »
I too enjoy walking.  I my community we have about 60 miles of greenbelts that cut through the wooded areas.  It's great exercise, plus you get a chance to meet others in the neighborhood.  My dog and I use to walk about a mile a day, but since he is now a senior citizen, much less now.  Another plus is nature!  We see all types of wild animals, deer, rabbits, snakes (yuk!) and the all present insects.  Life is good!!!
I am no better that anyone else, but by God, no one is better than I am

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2013, 10:30:50 AM »
Also walk in a wooded park near by a # of times a week. I carry a walking stick, good to have in uneven terrain and climbing up hills. Not only is it good exercise for the body , it's good for the head . Gives you time to think and meditate.
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."

Offline fencer

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2013, 10:37:18 AM »
I walk 6 miles a day, 4 (sometimes 5) days a week. I walk at a pace of 4 miles an hour, so an hour and a half of stress relieving me time!

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2013, 03:04:15 PM »
I try to make my lunch each day a time to walk - shed's a few pounds and allows me to clear my mind
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

Enter your email address: