Author Topic: Eyebrows, Eyebrows, Eyebrows  (Read 31677 times)

Offline natedraven

• Sly Guy in Training
    • Bald Guy Secrets | The One Website Every Bald Man Should Visit
Eyebrows, Eyebrows, Eyebrows
« on: August 13, 2012, 07:03:56 AM »
Hey Guys,

So I live in Pittsburgh, PA and I had a buddy that decided to shave his head. He had a great skull for it (nicely rounded with no huge bumps, etc). So I'm actually the one who shaved his head for him. Afterwards we could tell it was a mistake as something that I didn't realize was that his eyebrows were just too light a shade and it almost appeared like he had no eyebrows at all. The strange thing is that we couldn't see it at the time. Once we shave his head the floodgates opened

Since I had reviewed too many pictures of bald guys (its pretty crazy the amount of bald guy pictures under google images) and heres what I found:

1. People with blonde eyebrows should think twice about going completely sly without some sort of dying of the brows. I would recommend a close shaven (think Jason Stratham) for maximizing your bald look.
2. Brown and Black are usually a safe bet for a bald head... again, the more color to offset the bald head the better off you are
3. Grey works as well depending on the thickness of the brow and the shade of grey.

If you have light eyebrows, don't sweat it.. might just be better suited for a close shaven look.

Take it for what its worth. Send me a pm and i'll send you the rest of the findings if interested.

Offline balddaniel

• Ultimate Sly Guy
Re: Eyebrows, Eyebrows, Eyebrows
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2012, 10:48:41 AM »
I would have to disagree.  I have very light eyebrows (wish they were darker) but I will never give up my slyness just because I don't have much eyebrows.   :@`

Offline balddaniel

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2012, 10:49:35 AM »
Nate do you have a pic of yourself?

Offline balddaniel

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2012, 10:50:36 AM »
Lets see a pic of your buddy too.  Then we could give you our opinions.  8)

Offline waine

• just waine
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Proudly Sly since 30 April 2012.
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2012, 11:08:40 AM »
BaldDaniel, LOL  ;D

By the way, Your look is very clean, neat... and the bald look really suits you... I never even noticed that your eyebrows are hardly visible.
"Three things you cannot escape; tax, death and dirt..."

Offline balddaniel

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2012, 11:33:39 AM »
Thanks Waine I appreciate that.  You have great eyebrows I'm a little envious  O:O

Offline mahaw90

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2012, 11:51:07 AM »
I disagree aswell, that is a stupid statement IMO. I know loads of men with light eyebrows and they look perfectly normal. I know men who shave  there brows off completely and it suits them. Everyone is different. It's not just your brows it's to do with your face shape and complexion etc

Offline balddaniel

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2012, 12:38:00 PM »
Thanks Mark I appreciate that

Offline mahaw90

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2012, 01:14:56 PM »
No problem mate.

Point proven lol. They are good looking men and they suit it a lot, yet they both have quite fair eyebrows. (not dark)

Offline natedraven

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2012, 01:51:58 PM »
LOL..

Guys, Guys.. dont take offense obviously there is going to be exceptions. Bald Daniel, you obviously don't have that problem but you also have a lot going for you as well. You seem to be in shape, you have a nice head with what looks like no problems and  you have a soft face. I'm not judging i'm just posing some things to look out for.

Also - Light is a relative term right? Like say from Mark H's picture below. But Mark H.'s eyebrows are not exactly "light". Notice they have a decent twinge of brown in them.

The point is that your eyebrows ARE a factor, and people looking to shave their heads completely sly should take that into consideration.

Also i'm not overtly against criticism.. you can catch my ugly mug at http://www.baldguysecrets.com

Offline natedraven

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2012, 02:27:35 PM »
Profile pic changed.. only fair.. have at it.

Offline balddaniel

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2012, 02:32:17 PM »
Mark who is that guy in the first pic.  He is beautiful.  His eyes are so GREEN 2nd guy is handsome as well.  Thanks for the compliments.  Mark had you moved to Florida yet?  If so, what part?

Nate as for you you are not at all ugly.  I don't know a bald guy who is.  Thanks for the compliments and keep up the good posts.  I love being a part of this forum  :@`

Offline KG

• Extraordinary Sly Guy
  • Sly
  • Sly since 7/27/2012
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2012, 06:12:06 PM »
I have very light eyebrows as well.  You can see them when up close, but not much from a distance.  The nearly clear color kind of bothered me when I had brown hair.  Now that I'm sly, I think they look a bit better, although I still wouldn't mind a hint of color in them.  I think the sly look improves most features, the eyebrows were no exception.
As far back as I can remember, I always wanted to be sly.

Slynito

« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2012, 06:47:37 PM »
Eyebrows have been a thread in the past...a couple SBGz mentioned that they shave them off. I trim mine to make them less wild.

And yes I agree that Waine has brows to envy, fer sure.  O0

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2012, 08:49:39 PM »
I trim mine on occasion, but as a "brotha" I think I need to keep my eyebrows somewhat thick....As for everyone else, I never really pay attention to the thickness of their eyebrows, Sly goes with just about everything, IMO.
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Enter your email address: