Author Topic: Dovo Head Shaver  (Read 11653 times)

Offline Hook'Em

• Super Sly
Re: Dovo Head Shaver
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2010, 04:32:44 PM »
Only one problem with that review. Neither one of those is a "razor" they are merely "handles" that hold a razor. So many of us get caught up in what we are putting our, at this point, almost "generic" atra/sensor blades on to do the actual shaving. Sure they look cool and may offer a different blade angle to a normal handle, but common, do we need to spend another 5-10 bucks for a hotwheel looking handle?  Just my 2 cents.
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdn-img1.imagechef.com/w/080722/samp3621da6c52487d03.jpg[/img]

Offline The Zook

• One Blade Renegade
  • Super Sly
  • Collector O'Razors
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2010, 06:18:16 PM »
Fair review.

I've sold my remaining Headblades that were worth anything and threw the rest of them and the product line away.

The Mach 3 gives me a baby smooth shave, no gimmicks, no hassle, virtually foolproof and fast. The added bonus is that I don't have to switch razors to shave my face, around the ears, etc.

I gave everything a fair trial, from 1800's razors on up to the latest and greatest products - including one that isn't available in the US by King of Shaves.

Bottom line for me, simplicity, quality of shave and function won out over clever designs - no brainer really.

Every now and then I still whip out a 1940's Gillette Super Speed, badger hair brush and some luxury shave soap just for the nostalgia of it.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2010, 06:15:12 PM »
Thanks for the review!

I'd have to say that while the HeadBlade does have a learning curve for some, as a "handle" it is far superior to a traditional razor handle once mastered.  I have been forced to use a traditional handle a few times when I have either ran out of Sensor blades or forgot my HeadBlade when traveling.  In these situations I quickly realized how superior the headblade is to the Fusion and Mach3 in both ease of use and closeness of shave.  This is especially true for the S4.  The only area in my opinion that the traditional razor excels is when it comes to shaving around the ears. 

Another thing to add is that the blades for the HeadBlade are WAY cheaper than Fusion or Mach3 blades. 
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline RyanJP

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2010, 06:20:54 PM »
As well as the vast amount of blades you can throw on it.

http://www.slybaldguys.com/smf/index.php?topic=10630.0

Offline RayzorBlade

• Sly Jr.
  • Shave Your Dome
    • Rayzor Blade
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2010, 07:57:34 PM »
Does anyone know of other products that are like the rolling razor, headblade or dovo that I should try? I've been shaving my head for 12 years with a regular stick razor and I'm looking to challenge myself.

Offline gardner179

• Sly
  • uk sly
« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2010, 02:45:57 PM »
IS THE DOVO AVAILABLE IN THE UK  :@` :@` :@`