Author Topic: Proud to be bald: but if you could have all of your hair back?  (Read 68075 times)

Offline Cris

• Team Sly
  • Sly
  • Intermittently Bald By Choice
Re: Proud to be bald: but if you could have all of your hair back?
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2012, 11:03:45 AM »
Yes, but only if I could be eighteen again, too.

There are a number of things I'd do differently in that case...

Wouldn't we all do things differently?..just think, eighteen again, hummmm.
Ironically, that's the vision I have on this...I remember jogging in preparation for the Navy when I was 18 and seeing my reflection in the window of a store I was passing watching my hair bounce up and down.  Thinking that this is how I would grow it out when I got out...

...never happened, but if I could have it back...I would.
;)

Offline imaginary

• Sly
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2012, 02:40:20 PM »
Although I love how I look today, I probably would. But I would seriously need to teach myself how to tame my curls. On a side note, although I occasionally miss the barber shop experience, I don't miss the nonsense that goes on.
Once upon a time. The End.

Offline Harleyman

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2012, 05:15:34 PM »
I would have to say that I do enjoy being bald but yea I sometimes think what it wold be like to have my hair back a full head of hair shoulder length like in high school back in the 70's but than again hell no like the way I am now.
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Get codes for Facebook, Hi5, MySpace and more]http://cdn-img1.imagechef.com/w/140224/sampf09f1299b683a4f3.jpg[/img] [/url]

Offline devonlad

• Sly
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2012, 06:57:52 AM »
I just wish nature would hurry up and take the rest of mine!

Offline Chavster

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2012, 07:10:41 AM »
I'd rather have crabs than have my hair back. I'm sometimes tempted to let it grow back, purely to see if im starting to lose it naturally, but I'm not THAT curious. As I said once before, if there was a 'forever bald' pill, the only thing stopping me from swallowing it would be the fact I'd miss shaving my head.

Devonlad, ffs, take your shades off. You need to be 10 years older and 2 stone heavier to pull that look off ;)

:@`

Offline sailor61

• Super Sly
  • Into my 6th year...why did I ever have hair???
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2012, 08:36:35 AM »
I'm very comfortable with my appearance as a bald man, actually far more than I ever was when I had my hair.  I'll attribute that change to maturity.

Honestly, if it all came back on its own without surgery or drugs, I would likely keep it at least some of the time.  However I would be much more adventurous about how it's styled and not stay stuck in the rut I was in.

But in the interim, until some follicular miracle occurs...I'mjust saying NO to drugs, rugs and plugs!  Nothing good ever comes from any of them - except for the folks selling the s%^t.
TJ

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

Offline Chavster

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2012, 10:04:09 AM »
I'm very comfortable with my appearance as a bald man, actually far more than I ever was when I had my hair.  I'll attribute that change to maturity.

Honestly, if it all came back on its own without surgery or drugs, I would likely keep it at least some of the time.  However I would be much more adventurous about how it's styled and not stay stuck in the rut I was in.

But in the interim, until some follicular miracle occurs...I'mjust saying NO to drugs, rugs and plugs!  Nothing good ever comes from any of them - except for the folks selling the s%^t.

But you look 'ideal' without hair, and when I say 'ideal', I mean you have the type of face and head shape that suits baldness perfectly. I dobt a follicular miracle would improve your appearance in any way.

Still not convinced about the bald head/full beard look yet though :) I dont mean on you specifically, but in general

Offline Chavster

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2012, 10:04:39 AM »
dobt = doubt

Offline Big Dan

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2012, 11:32:11 AM »
I have been bald for nearly the same amount of time that I had hear and i cant really remember whats its like. I dont think i miss having hair, i dont really give it any thought.

I do sometimes wonder what all the magic potions in the mens hair section of the supermarket do.

Offline TheSlyBear

• Opinionated Walrus
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • 忍者クマ
« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2012, 02:48:15 PM »
I do sometimes wonder what all the magic potions in the mens hair section of the supermarket do.
That's easy. They take money from your wallet and put it in someone else's.

Offline sailor61

• Super Sly
  • Into my 6th year...why did I ever have hair???
« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2012, 03:02:54 PM »
VERY well said Bear.
TJ

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

isleepinthebuff

« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2012, 03:06:02 PM »
I wish I had less than I did. It grows back too quick!

Offline CraftyGuy

• Ultimate Sly Guy
    • My Facebook page
« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2012, 06:53:09 PM »
if there was a 'forever bald' pill, the only thing stopping me from swallowing it would be the fact I'd miss shaving my head.

Amen, bro! I'd love being forever smooth, but the morning shaving ritual is important too!
MikeC

isleepinthebuff

« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2012, 06:56:25 AM »
I would like the rest of my hair to go! It's pain as I have a bald spot at the back and some receeding but the rest is quite thick and I hate it!

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2012, 04:02:29 PM »

I agree with Bear wholeheartedly.
They also take up shelf space where products for us, such as HeadBlade, Bald Guyz, etc. should be.  ;)

Enter your email address: