Author Topic: magic shave???  (Read 28396 times)

Offline Asher

• Sly Jr.
magic shave???
« on: August 17, 2009, 09:15:04 PM »
hey guys, long time no post.  hope everybody's been well.  question: has/does anybody use magic shave?  it's a powder of sorts that is specially made for black men to take the hair off their faces and heads.  i hear it keeps bumps from razorburn and ingrown hairs away, but i also hear it is specially formulated for black skin and has disastrous consequences on white people.  any of you black guys have any testimonials?  any of you white guys ever tried it?

Offline Antimidas

• Team Sly
  • Super Sly
  • Actual name is Marty.
    • Antimidas.net
Re: magic shave???
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2009, 09:22:44 PM »
Funny you should bring that up.  I mentioned it in another topic earlier this evening.  I have used it on my beard, but not on my head.  (obviously a very white guy).  It is mainly marketed to black guys because they have a higher incidence of PFB apparently.

It worked somewhat on my beard, but it was irritating and had a distinct chemical smell.  It also left several hairs behind, although they were much weaker and thinner.  Not as irritating on the face as Nair.  Just irritating to the olfactory senses.  And you should not use it for at least 24 hours after a shave because it can irritate the micro cuts caused by razors.

I gave up trying to see if it would be a closer shave than an actualy shave.  It is not.  And the hair grew back just as quickly.  It does not do anything to hair beneath the surface of the skin.

It is good for razor bumps (google pseudofolliculitis barbae) because it severely weakens the short and curlies that cause the problem.  YMMV

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2009, 09:52:52 PM »
never tried it. when it comes to being as sly as possible, going thru a process of trial & error to get to the smoothest degree of slyness is all good.

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline shaved26

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2009, 10:06:34 PM »
DO NOT USE!!! I tried the magic shave the sensetive skin brand thinking how cool it would be to make it smooth and last a few days.  The consequences were not good i had what looked like razor burn.  It took about a week to heal. so don't use it.

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2009, 04:47:38 PM »
hey asher:  i got 2 very important words 2 tell U regarding the magic shave.  "stay away!!!" O0

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline Larry

• Sly Jr.
    • http://www.theelectroniccigarettecompany.com/
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2009, 11:30:12 AM »
I never tried it but don't understand why it would work on black skin and have such bad results on white skin.  I mean, what's the difference other than the complection?

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2009, 01:10:38 PM »
I never tried it but don't understand why it would work on black skin and have such bad results on white skin.  I mean, what's the difference other than the complection?

Apparently darker skin is more resistant to being burned by this stuff.  I tried it once and got a very bad burn from it.  I thought it would leave a permanent mark and I also thought that the hair might not grow back in that spot.  Neither turned out to be the case, but it hurt like hell.  You don't want to go there, trust me.

Offline DC

• DC
  • Sly
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2009, 10:14:11 PM »
Magic Shave didn't work for me.  It didn't remove all my hair and was quite painful for a few moments.  :x! I had to do some quick work to rescue my bald head from a "patchwork" appearance.

After 24-hours I plan to go back to my tried and true Bald Guyz and razor thank you!
“You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." Christopher Robin to Pooh.

Offline shaved26

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2009, 08:27:03 PM »
DO NOT TRY!!! I decided to try it once i bought the sensitive skin thinking it wouldn't be so harsh.  I had what looked like razor burn on both sides of my head and it didn't even work after I rinsed it off i still felt stubble.  That stuff is not worth trying don't do it.

Offline Arnie

• 2011 Sly Bald Guys Fantasy Football Champion
  • Sly Bureau
  • Surrender to your cause, never your circumstances.
    • http://www.frankboucherchevrolet.com
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2009, 12:05:41 PM »
Sounds as effective as Nair...I will leave it at that. 8)

Enter your email address: