Author Topic: Finally shaved but was wondering how to get the least shine as possible  (Read 5042 times)

Offline j_nel_2003

• Sly Jr.
Hey guys, it has been forever since I have posted, but I do shave my head, if you look at my past posts I was worried about the bumpiness and ridges in my head.  sadly after I shaved my head they are very noticeable and it is quite disappointing, as you can see in my pics  But they are the most noticeable when light hits them and when my head gets more oily throughout the day.  So I want as little shine as possible.  in the pics I need to shave again its been a few days, so its long, we had a huge storm here so have been busy with clean up the past few days, wish there was something I could do about the bumpiness of my head but I know I can't and I have to get over it.  unless there are options for me??  I attached a few pics if you guys have any pointers I would appreciate it.  some show how the light really shows the bumps dents and ridges, and some show how you cant see them much, sadly another thing Im not a  fan of is the bumps on the front, you can see it in pic number 2, really shows in the front view when the light reflects In a certain way  Thanks

« Last Edit: June 19, 2017, 11:08:10 AM by j_nel_2003 »

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
That's a tough one. I've never been successful getting rid of the shine, mine's just natural I guess.

I've seen where guys said using powder after shaving helps, or I'm sure there is some kind of makeup that works.

I decided to just embrace the shiny bald head. I used to use several products to get a shine, but now all I need is witch hazel for a mirror like shine.
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
First, none of us have perfectly smooth heads, we all have bumps and ridges.

As to the shine, it is basically the natural oil on our skin that causes the shin.  As Reddog said, powder may help.  There are also some wipes specifically for bald guys, and they come in shinny as well as matt.  I have never tried them, so I do not know how effective they may be.
SlyBeard

Offline _Dan_

• Sly Jr.
I use a matte moisturiser

cant rally say how effective it is, but my head only seems to get shiny if im either too warm (obviously) or whilst working out...which again same reason really

I think  a big mistake is be careful you dont dry out your scalp to much, trying to get rid of the oil etc. As more often than not when your skin gets to dry....that actually promotes oil production, so best to keep it moisturised

and I honestly can't see what you're referring to with noticeable ridges / bumps

as already said, we all have those sort of bumps / ridges.  If you see a perfect looking bald head than it's either a very very lucky person or its simply a good angle combined with air brushing / editting if it happens to be some celeb