Author Topic: 5-day shave hiatus  (Read 4659 times)

Offline MLNHD

• Super Sly
5-day shave hiatus
« on: March 25, 2009, 04:35:56 PM »
I recently had an inexplicable breakout after shaving for 20 months.  I tried all the remedies from the archives here to no avail. :(  Finally, I gave up and decided to let things "rest" for a few days. 

Frankly, I didn't like it a bit -- the velcro into stubble was annoying.  It was interesting to see what changes there've been in the baldscape.  Yes, Virginina, there is less up top!  And more white.  Yikes! 

Things have pretty well cleared up and I scraped the dome today -- just couldn't wait any longer.  I decided to change up the routine and used a Mach 3 for the first time today and was pretty impressed.  (I've used the Headblade since day one.)  Low to no irritation.  We'll see what the next few shaves bring.  Oh, yeah.  One other thing -- remember the numbness after your first few shaves?  Well, I had it again, fleetingly, after today's shave.     

Sly addict since July 22, 2007.

Offline BlackJamesRackham

• Sly Bucco
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
Re: 5-day shave hiatus
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2009, 05:05:50 PM »
the random breakout of nowhere and after so long scares me a bit...i dread the day it happens on the dome
Rockin' "Sly" since 2008

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2009, 05:53:42 PM »
Hope the break from shaving gave your dome a chance to "rest".

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline MLNHD

• Super Sly
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2009, 06:56:53 PM »
It certainly looks like the "rest" did me some good.  And, AHHHHHHH, the pleasure of slick,shiny, SLY after 5 days off is delightful!  Here's hopin'!

Offline SBG Math Guy

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • me with little shadow
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2009, 07:54:17 PM »
Well I wish I could shave everyday.  Sensitive skin prevents me from donig so.   It would be nice to have the smooth bald head everyday.   

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2009, 05:22:49 PM »
I take a 4-5 day every month MLNHD, not only is it good for the skin and scalp, but your next shave is ultra-smooth. 

Offline Rob

• Sly Bureau
  • British baldy since 2006
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2009, 05:43:55 PM »
I take a 4-5 day every month MLNHD, not only is it good for the skin and scalp, but your next shave is ultra-smooth. 

I don't think I could...In fact, I'm sure I don't think I could :o

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2009, 11:30:53 PM »

I don't think I could...In fact, I'm sure I don't think I could :o

It is tough Rob, especially the first day. I don't usually make it to five though, lol.

Offline MLNHD

• Super Sly
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2009, 11:02:16 AM »
Now past a week of shaving daily again (w/ the Mach 3) and my noggin is slick, smooth, shiny AND blemish-free!  All this time I've used every weapon in the arsenal to combat the zits, and it seems that the razor was the culprit!  Silly me to hang on so long.  I do continue to wash twice a day with the Cutacura soap Saintc recommends.  I do believe it has been a big help.  I'm really lovin' the SLY now.   

Offline Rob

• Sly Bureau
  • British baldy since 2006
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2009, 06:22:26 PM »
Yeah: I've noticed that if ever I start gettin spots its usually the razor needs changin 8)

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2009, 06:30:59 PM »
I just skipped 2 days (laziness) and could feel the building up of scalp crap (don't know the technical term) from seborrheic dermatitis. Just went on a run at lunch, then cleaned up the dome. Man, you just can beat the feeling of a smooth, clean scalp! No itch, no flakes, and uber sly.  O:O
« Last Edit: April 02, 2009, 06:40:02 PM by schro »

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline Mike

• Sly genetics guy
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
    • Facebook
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2009, 11:56:42 AM »
I also went about a week without shaving but it was because I was sick. I dont know what it was but it made me not want to move, I lost alittle weight and felt horrible. I shaved yesterday once I was feeling better and it was great. The odd thing is that my hair was only maybe two or three centimeters when I finally did shave after a week. Like others have said it felt great giving the scalp a rest.

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2009, 04:16:48 PM »
I think we all need a break once in a while.

Offline Kratos

• Super Sly
  • Finally inked
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2009, 06:20:13 PM »
Taking a break is the worst, though it is definitely good for the scalp. Personally I just feel dirty when the stubble starts to cover my head, not a good feeling at all.

Offline Alexander215

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2009, 09:47:23 PM »
I usually skip shaving on Saturday and Sunday, that way on Monday I have a perfect shave to look forward to.

Its just about the only thing to look forward to on a Monday  O0