Author Topic: A Better Way?  (Read 1521 times)

Offline ForeverStudent

• Learning the way of Sly
A Better Way?
« on: February 28, 2015, 05:38:08 PM »
Hello, I have been shaving for the last 3 years with a Panasonic LF-51A, and I shave everyday, as my hair growns fast!.\ However, it seems like I replace my blades every 3 weeks, and foil every 4 months which is getting pretty expensive. I use Lectric shave as a oil.

How much better is using things like the headblade?

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: A Better Way?
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2015, 09:35:53 PM »
I'm not a Headblade fan but any kind of blade will yield a better result than an electric shaver.  It's actually much easier,moo, once you get past the learning curve.

Offline SlyMike

• Ad Free VIP
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Big Beard and Bald Head - I love it!
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2015, 09:48:18 AM »
Back a few years ago when I used to shave my face I started out with an electric razor, I felt that it wasn't shaving my face properly, so I went to a blade razor, I could definitely tell the difference between them.

Blade will shave better than electric every time in my opinion.
First started shaving my head on the 9th October 2014

Offline greatnessinc

• One part iron man one part superman
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Semper Sly!
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2015, 10:57:33 AM »
I've heard Lectric shave is corrosive and can reduce the lifespan of an electric blade.
Anyhow, a real blade will produce a vastly better shave. You can probably get away with shaving every other day opposed to daily. I used to shave daily then I decided to try not shaving for the winter; I only made it a week before I started shaving again that's how I realized I could spend less time shaving.

As for which blade, well that's mostly a matter of preference. Least expensive is a Double edge safety razor. I still use my Headblade from time to time. I encourage everyone to try out different methods/options before jumping all in one way or the other.
"Ifyou're going through hell, just keep going"
-Winston Churchill

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2015, 12:26:46 PM »
I have not used an electric razor since about age 21, so over 40 years ago. A real razor blade just shaves closer than an electric.

I really like the Headblade SPORT. The newer ATX is easier to learn, but does not shave as close. And the cartridges cost more than other blades!

So here's what I'm doing now. Start out with a DE razor and mow down the stubble. When I run out of time or just need to get going, a finish up with a quick pass with the headblade. The headblade lasts longer that way, but I get the nice smooth shave of the headblade.