Author Topic: 3 Firsts 4 me - shower shave - shave cream & new Schick Hydro 5  (Read 2146 times)

Offline Electric Rider

• Sly Jr.
If you haven't already found your A-1 perfect shave routine  keep experimenting and try different things. So far it seems every time I try something new my head shaves get better. I went from dry shaving the head and face to using conditioner for shaving cream on my head with improvements. ( still dry shave my face it just doesn't seem to like any goop on it)

Tonight I had 3 new firsts for me. I went to my moms house as I often do to cut her grass.. she's 84. I started to get ready for a shower after the grass and she surprised me with a new Schick Hydro 5 razor (same as the Wilkinson Sword Hydro 5) and a can of MedEssentials shaving cream - products she and her ex husband had acquired at a hospital a while back.

I decided to try all 3 together. The shave took me longer as I had never used a 5 blade before. I did find the shaving in the hot shower to help seem to get a smoother closer shave. The Schick Hydro 5  and combo of shower and cream gave me the closest shave I've had to date. No cuts, no irritation. In fact at first it was so smooth, I didn't think it was cutting at all. I could not feel any resistance in the hairs. I later discovered this was partly due to the shaving cream and going with the grain. Going against the grain has a slight telling feel and it's more pronounced when the shaving cream is replaced by water only. This is the first Premium razor I have used in over 20 years. I don't think I'll use it very often because the blades are 12 bucks a 4 pack. Each blade would have to last me 2 months to justify that on my budget. Still it's good to have when I need a shave this close.

I do not recommend the MedEssentials shaving cream by Medline, even though it performed well. The ingredients list: propane and butane. This cream is a foam. I don't know if those are needed in the making of the foam or if they are included for other reasons but I can't see putting these two on my head. I'm surprised a product used on patients in the hospital  would use such ingredients.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2012, 10:25:16 PM by Electric Rider »

Offline Lynchy

• Sly Bureau
Re: 3 Firsts 4 me - shower shave - shave cream & new Schick Hydro 5
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2012, 11:03:47 PM »
Good work!

I have been looking at the Schick Hydro, might need to give it a try!

O0
Lynchy

Offline Electric Rider

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2012, 06:57:59 AM »
It's been about 12 hours since I did the above shower & shave. I am Still baby bottom smooth on top of my head accept for just a tiny bit of growth in some areas. This is so small you cannot even see it if you look closely. Normally, I'd have a full head of sand paper type stubble after 6 to 8 hours after shaving.

Yes, I am impressed !!

Offline RoWilJr

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • SlyStyle...Get your Shine on!!!
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2012, 07:09:52 AM »
Great job! Always good to see fellas coming up with tried and true methods of improving their SlyDome!

Cheers,
Ro

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2012, 10:41:50 PM »
That's one of the fun things about experimenting with head shaving..you discover something new every (well almost every) headshave...Not that it matters, but apparently Mom is OK with you being sly....(My mom tells me all the time when she sees me....well, you were born bald, so why should it be any different now?)  ;D
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.