Author Topic: 7 days in and.....  (Read 2504 times)

Offline Hammy

• Sly Jr.
  • Don Sweeny, the Stanley Cup, and I!
7 days in and.....
« on: January 02, 2012, 02:33:55 PM »
I'm starting to see very minor razor burn on the sides and back of my head. Nothing too major but just enough to big the sh*t out of me. I'm also seeing a pimple or 2 pop up, again nothing major but enough to bug me.

I am currently using the hydro 5 razor and some headslick to shave. I always shave after a hot shower, making sure that have plenty of hot water to rinse my razor. After I shave I do a cold rinse and top off with witch hazel and some 100% aloe.

I feel like I didn't have these problems the first few times I shaved and now they are popping up! What can I do to combat these issues??? Thanks as always guys!

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
Re: 7 days in and.....
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2012, 03:07:37 PM »
First, I see you're wearing a hat in your avatar--when was it washed last?  Dirty hats could cause the problem along the sides and back of your head!  Change pillowcases and wash that dome two, even three, times a day with a mild antibacterial soap such as Cuticura--there's nothing between that scalp and the grime and grit of hats and the world anymore.  Finally, get some hydrocortizone lotion and some benzoyl peroxide lotion--neither in the creme formulation.  Mix a pea sized amount of each in your palm and massage into the dome after your astringent, in your case witch hazel.  See how that works.  Keeping it clean, keeps it clear. 

Offline Hammy

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2012, 03:12:51 PM »
Saintc you're a genius, not sure why I didn't think of that. I did wear a pretty dirty hat the other night! I will make sure to clean it, along with my head more often! I've only been washing it once a day... Thanks again!

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2012, 03:15:51 PM »
Saintc you're a genius, not sure why I didn't think of that. I did wear a pretty dirty hat the other night! I will make sure to clean it, along with my head more often! I've only been washing it once a day... Thanks again!

>:D--Can't resist this, With a great looking dome, why deprive the world by putting a lid on it?  Ditch the hat, don't bother to try to clean it.  You're not dependent on those devices anymore to conceal what you didn't like! >:D >:D

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2012, 05:51:56 PM »
Get.....rid.....of......your.....hats.

Let do-rags be your best friend in the sun. They can be washed easily and look way more cool on a bald guy than a hat.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline Hammy

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2012, 06:11:40 PM »
Even as a sly guy I can still see myself wearing a hat every once in awhile. I just enjoy the look of them...

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2012, 07:02:48 PM »
Nothing wrong with a hat, especially outdoors......I have about 10 fitted hats and about four adjustable. I wear them sometimes when outside cutting grass or in the extreme cold, but I always remove my hat when indoors. I also make sure not to wear the same hat two days in a row....
« Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 07:35:26 PM by sirharry12 »
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2012, 07:16:51 PM »
Even as a sly guy I can still see myself wearing a hat every once in awhile. I just enjoy the look of them...
Once in a while a CLEAN hat, but other than that--Show the Sly! O0, Just kidding, I wear one too, occasionally. 

Offline Paul the Headblader

• Sly Bureau
  • They see me rollin' they hatin'
    • My facebook page :)
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2012, 10:50:40 PM »
hello, and congratz for the very first week!
I've had the same problem with the burns and some pimples ( due to irritation) just a week ago, but it all dissapeared when I started usin Gillette Gel .
It really helped me!
be who you are, say what you feel, because those who matter don't mind, and those who mind don't matter

Slynito

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2012, 06:39:23 AM »
Gillette Gel is very good though I never had the burns and pimples but it helped one of my friend.

A hot soap 'n' water wash, a little shave oil and gel should make the shaving much better....and welcome to "aidanshin", enjoy the forum.