Author Topic: 1 month in....and loving it  (Read 4305 times)

Offline shootinfool73

• Sly Guy in Training
  • Hi
1 month in....and loving it
« on: June 22, 2014, 07:07:35 PM »
Hey all...
Everyone's given a super-warm welcome and I appreciate it...  This forum has great information and I've been "lurking" since I started shaving 1 month ago, though I only joined just under a week ago.  I've already been posting and doing a few replies since then but hadnt done a formal intro in this section yet. 

Name is Kerry...just turning 41 yrs old, and loving the new life and look.  My favorite thing is people have commented on my new "hairstyle".  I know it's a hairstyle as much as any, but I still think that's funny. :D    My hairline started receding since I was in my early 20s, and my bald spot started appearing and then widening rapidly from my late 20s....til now where the top of my head is MOSTLY gone.   I've been getting my hair clipper cut shorter and shorter for the last decade to avoid getting into a habit of brushing or 'combing-over'.   The last year I've been doing a 1/8 inch fade, and decided clipper cutting and paying for them (for the fading) was just not sensible. 

For the last 6 months or so I had decided I wanted to shave but just never took the plunge (my wife was the biggest part of that procrastination :x! ).  Now its done....and only took her a few days to completely warm up to it (she was agreeing the time for change was nearing).   Now she likes it as much as I do   :@`, esp since my head is gradually getting a little more evenly tanned...

Great to be here.. and looking forward to talking to many of you along the way...thanks again, and see you around!!!!!!

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: 1 month in....and loving it
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2014, 07:15:29 PM »
Hi Kerry:  Welcome to the sly fraternity.  Glad that you joined us.  We hope that you become an active member on SBGs.

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline Mike E. P.

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2014, 07:29:15 PM »
Hi Kerry,

A familiar story! Welcome to the club!
Bronx bald and bred!

Offline AJ Q-Ball

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Bald Head and Full Beard: Awesome combination
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2014, 10:39:27 PM »
Hey Kerry!

Welcome to SBG! I don't know what you looked like with hair but you rock the bald look man.  It suits you tremendously.

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2014, 11:18:57 PM »
Welcome, Kerry (SF73)! Congratulations on the month, and glad to have you on board!
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline Cave Dweller

• Bald & Bearded and staying that way.
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Not Bear nor Troll - just in the dark with the TV
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2014, 03:40:01 AM »
Welcome, Kerry.

Glad you stepped out of the lurkers' shadows and joined us!
"A man who has lost his hair and is bald is clean."
Leviticus 13:40
(Do not argue with Moses!)

Offline tobler1

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2014, 04:42:13 AM »
Welcome.  Great you've joined and been posting.  The smooth look is great on you!

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2014, 03:01:55 PM »
Welcome
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline slymyke

• Sly Bureau
  • Shaved head with full beard
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2014, 04:39:34 PM »
Welcome, Kerry!  It looks great! O0

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2014, 04:48:40 PM »
Welcome, Kerry.  It looks great.  Consider adding some facial hair.  It goes great with a slick head.
SlyBeard

Offline shootinfool73

• Sly Guy in Training
  • Hi
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2014, 08:06:35 PM »
Welcome, Kerry.  It looks great.  Consider adding some facial hair.  It goes great with a slick head.

Thanks Slybeard...  Nah I couldnt grow a beard like that if I made a deal with the devil.  LOL  I actually WOULD LOVE to grow a goatee....but the hair doesnt connect around the mouth, and it wont grow fully on my chin.  I can grow a weak moustache at best -- facial hair really isnt in the cards for me...  :)

Enter your email address: