Author Topic: 'Allo 'allo!  (Read 3982 times)

Offline MonkeyMagic

• Learning the way of Sly
'Allo 'allo!
« on: December 22, 2012, 01:45:06 AM »
Hi there!  I'm Zach, I'm 17 years old (18 next month, which I'm not all too excited for but... ), and I've been balding since... I don't know.  I think 8th grade is when I first noticed it?  Well, anyway, right now I'm exceptionally thin on top, and am considering shaving it all off in the next few days -- before or after Christmas, I don't know.  I'm mostly worried about my head shape; my brother and father have pretty nicely shaped heads, but I don't know if I inherited that bit.  I'm also worried about how quickly my hair will grow back if I decide that the look's not for me.  I'm a bit of a funny lookin' guy, to be honest.

I consider myself to be really generous and kind, but although I tell a lot of jokes I guess I can cross the line or get on people's nerves sometimes.

Nevertheless, I'm looking forward to being here!

Offline Lynchy

• Sly Bureau
Re: 'Allo 'allo!
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2012, 03:46:18 AM »
Welcome Zach,

I'm sure your head shape is fine, helps of people worry about their head shape, but in all honesty it's be very rarely anything but their own mind.

Hair will grow back pretty quick if you don't like it, about a week for me and I'm back to a buzz cut.

I hope you enjoy the new look and post up some pics.

Cheers
Lynchy

Offline Frontier Guy

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • SBC: Sly By Choice ... "Since May 18, 2012"
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2012, 04:55:08 AM »
Welcome Zach,

I'll mostly echo what Lynchy wrote.

Don't worry about your head shape. It's often cited as a concern ... and each time has proven to be false.

If you are uncertain about shaving it off, why not get the clippers (or go to a barber) and trim it down to a #4, and if that looks OK try a #3, and if that looks OK ... well, you get the idea. You can either do it all in one sitting going as long as you are comfortable with the appearance, or spread it out over time to make the change seem more gradual.

Personally I had full head of hair but it had all turned a lovely shade of gray; I went from a #4 to a #2 during one haircut, and the next time (one sitting) went from #2 to #1 to "no guard" and then came home and shaved off the stubble. Haven't missed a day since.

If you do it now (like today) and whatever length seems a little short to you ... then it will have some to grow back before the New Year begins.

Although not as common on young guys (20+/-) we've got a lot of fellows here who have shaved at your age and are quite pleased with the result and the overall changes in their lives. Poke about the forums a bit.

Glad you're hear. Post again with your thoughts, concerns, and anything else.
"Sly can adapt to all surroundings!" - Wisdom from KG 8/19/2012

Andrei

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2012, 04:56:04 AM »
Welcome Zach!
You can't tell for sure if you'll like or not until you try it out.
I'm bald by choice and before my first buzz cut I wondered if it would look good on me or not, but I still did it and was very happy about the outcome, as most of the guys.
So, if that's what you want, then go ahead and enjoy the experience. Also you will find out that head shaving is a great confidence booster.

Offline Psycho

• Psycho
  • Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2012, 07:12:34 AM »
Hey there Zach
Maybe you should do it for a Christmas morning surprise.
Psycho

Offline Frontier Guy

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • SBC: Sly By Choice ... "Since May 18, 2012"
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2012, 07:37:36 AM »
It would be a great gift to yourself.
"Sly can adapt to all surroundings!" - Wisdom from KG 8/19/2012

Offline Hingatao

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2012, 08:10:50 AM »
Welcome to the club, Zach.
Hair is over rated.

Offline stasiu

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • All dressed up & no hair to go !
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2012, 10:29:18 AM »
Welcome to SBG !

We all focus on silly issues and then realize how silly we really were.

Sounds like you want to have a shiny Christmas ornament head, so just do it.

What is left will grow back and if you don't like it, then you will keep it sly.

Remember the 30 day rule and you'll start 2013 with a high confidence boost !

Good Luck and HAPPY HOLIDAYS !

Offline Switchy

• Nice old man ;) Yepper
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • No Worries, Be Happy !
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2012, 03:02:00 PM »
Welcome  8)
"Continuous effort---not strength or intelligence---is the key to unlocking our potential." 
                                                                                                             -SIR WINSTON CHURCHHILL

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2012, 06:14:46 PM »
Welcome, Zach!
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline MonkeyMagic

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2012, 02:39:01 AM »
Thanks a bunch for the advice -- and the welcome -- everyone!  It means a lot to me.   O0

That shave down bit-by-bit idea is really good.  Haha, wish I'd thought of it!  I don't know if I'm going to shave it off at home for cheap or go to a salon, but in the case of the latter I'll definitely keep that idea in mind.  I was thinking about shaving it after graduation instead, but I don't know if I want to put it off, and then not do it, and then put it off again and begin this whole cycle of "oh, I'll do it eventually."   :-\

"Christmas morning surprise."  Haha, I like that!

Y'know what?  I think I will shave it all off today -- what have I got to lose, besides what I'm losing anyway?  Thanks a bunch again, and I'll see you sly guys around.  :]

Offline Lynchy

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2012, 03:06:02 AM »
The sooner the better,

Good job!
Lynchy

Offline Beardman

• Sly Bureau
  • Sly and loving it since 2 June 2012
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2012, 07:23:22 PM »
Welcome mate!

As Lynchy has said, the sooner the bettter mate. It seems like you've already made your mind up that it's going to happen, so just take it all off now and kick start your way to a sly new year! If it's too much for you within a week you'll be back to a very short buzz.

Good luck with whatever you decide mate, and if you take it all off don't forget to show off the new you for us  O0

Offline OzSly

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2012, 09:38:52 PM »
G'Day Zachary mate  O0

Welcome to Sly Bald Guys!

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2012, 05:19:12 AM »
Au, another Mr. Zed. Welcome. Sounds like you are a prime candidate for shaving your head bald.  The longer you delay, the more you will say, Why did I wait so long?

Go ahead and give your head a Christmas gift. Shave it bald. Keep it bald for 30 days.

Merry Christmas