Author Topic: A definite improvement  (Read 3962 times)

Offline Stan

• Sly Guy in Training
A definite improvement
« on: September 05, 2011, 11:51:35 AM »
I was at the grocery store the other day and there was guy who was MPB but he still had a little bit at the front.  The guy had grown a pony tail in the back. 

I couldn't help thinking what a definite improvement it would have been for him to just bite the bullet and shave it down.   

Which brings me to my question:  Do any of you ever see a guy like that and imagine how he'd look sly?   It's really none of our business and I know we're all really biased but you can't help wondering sometimes.

Stan.

Offline Chavster

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
Re: A definite improvement
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2011, 01:25:16 PM »
Im probably one of a minority, but I think MPB can be fairly attractive on a man, but it depends on where the baldness is occurring. IMO, if a guy has no hair at the back and just a little tuft of hair at the front, then he'd most likely look better with it shaved off, but I dont think MPB in itself is unattractive. I've never seen a man with MPB + pony tail though.

I dont suffer from it so I dont know what its like to actually live with MPB, but then again I'm happier with no hair at all, so I guess I'm extremely biased anyway :) I'm 100% BBC and I tend to think just about all men look better with no hair on their heads, although I must admit that I'm not overly keen on seeing young guys (under 30) with a shaved head. Just a personal preference, and its obviously none of my business what other people do with their heads.

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2011, 04:41:34 PM »
When I see a guy like that I usually think, "That guy needs to shave it off", but I never imagine what he may look like because I have no doubt he will look better.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline buddha

• Sly Bureau
  • Cut myself shaving!
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2011, 05:17:33 PM »
That guy was me about 10 years ago. I went from hair down to my shoulder blades one day to slick the next day.
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it never really care for anything else thereafter."
Ernest Hemingway, On The Blue Water.

Offline Chavster

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2011, 05:28:16 PM »
I had a pony tail in the 80s. I looked totally stoopid. But I got away with it because we all looked stoopid in the 80s  :D

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2011, 06:59:17 PM »
There was a guy at the chiropractor's office this afternoon. He had a horrible wig on. Oh, it was SO FAKE looking.  I could not help thinking, he should shave it bald and get on with it.  I've never met the guy before, so of course said nothing, but sure would love to. 

Offline Chavster

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2011, 12:50:31 AM »
There was a guy at the chiropractor's office this afternoon. He had a horrible wig on. Oh, it was SO FAKE looking.  I could not help thinking, he should shave it bald and get on with it.  I've never met the guy before, so of course said nothing, but sure would love to. 

I had a similar incident recently :) I was in a restaurant, and there was a guy there with his wife and he had MPB, which in itself didnt look too bad, but it was easy to tell that he'd spent AGES on his combover before he left the house, and the combover looked far, far worse than the MPB. It was combed over from his ear, but then swirled on the top of his head. To make it even worse, twice during his meal, he took his comb out of his pocket to give his 'hairstyle' a grooming. You have no idea how much I wanted to tie him to his chair and take my razor to his head.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2011, 07:16:33 AM »
we all looked stoopid in the 80s  :D

Did we?   ???

Offline Chavster

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2011, 08:19:15 AM »
Yup, all of us. All of the people I knew then and still know now.

I cant speak for what it was like in your part of the world, because I'm not familiar with it, but in my part of the world, those of us old enough to have been adults for the 80s in its entirety looked pretty stoopid.

Offline Arnie

• 2011 Sly Bald Guys Fantasy Football Champion
  • Sly Bureau
  • Surrender to your cause, never your circumstances.
    • http://www.frankboucherchevrolet.com
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2011, 09:39:42 PM »
Sorry, I miss my 80's hair...it started to go away in the 90's.

Slynito

« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2011, 09:53:16 PM »
That guy was me about 10 years ago. I went from hair down to my shoulder blades one day to slick the next day.

I did the same thing back in '05...I heard there was a big donation campaign for "Locks of Love" and I went to the hair salon and they (half ass) clipped it all of. My beautiful, black, wild ponytail all gone. I hope that a nice wig was made with it.