Author Topic: Crocuses or Bald Domes?  (Read 2842 times)

Offline DCdome

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
Crocuses or Bald Domes?
« on: February 19, 2009, 05:24:33 PM »
What's the better harbinger of spring?  Haven't seen any crocuses locally yet this year.  But it got up to 47 degrees today in downtown Boston and bald domes were certainly out in all of their glory, including mine!  Business guys, older guys, the whole gamet.

Also saw other people bundled up including one lady in a parka (lol).

Sadly, there's supposed to be a light snow overnight.

Any of you guys in colder climes seeing melon blossoms?
« Last Edit: February 20, 2009, 07:51:17 AM by bostonbean »

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Crocuses or Bald Domes?
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2009, 05:01:07 AM »
Well one of my best friends also shaves his head...... and there are at least 4 other SLY guys in my very small town.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2009, 07:09:08 AM »
I am starting to see more and more of them in my small town of 14000 people ...

Offline Rob

• Sly Bureau
  • British baldy since 2006
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2009, 08:16:32 AM »
In Birmingham there seem to be more and more, and as the (slightly) warmer weather has been about this last week I've seen quite a few shaved domes.  I'd say that at the moment about 1 in every five or six guys seem to be shaved 8) Unless, of course, I'm just noticing them more... O0
« Last Edit: February 20, 2009, 08:19:05 AM by Rob »

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2009, 10:49:32 AM »
Well, out here we don't have to worry about crocuses as a sign of Spring, but man I can tell you that the bald pate seems to have caught on.
I easily run out of fingers when I'm counting the sly guys coming through the checkpoint in a days time. I'm going to try a tally one day just to see how many I can put down on paper.

Offline BuzzKC

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2009, 07:52:38 AM »
Almost every guy at my office has either a shaved dome or a very tight buzz. We have a TV commerical that plays often during the Royals baseball games and I always laugh because I can't tell who's who.  Seems to be the norm around here for anyone that has started thinning just gets rid of it. 

Offline Mike

• Sly genetics guy
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2009, 01:59:58 PM »
I dont know anyone that has crocuses that bloom in the spring, most bloom in the snow or summer around here. I have been noticing more bald domes showing through though. Not as many Sly guys wearing hats now that it's in the 40's. I was noticing that the ducks and geese start going north when the bald domes start to show lol. You can almost bet that when more heads start showing that the flocks will be going overhead, maybe the two go hand in hand, they both know spring is coming haha.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2009, 02:25:52 PM »
I don't see much seasonal slyness around here; guys who shave their heads tend to keep them shaved year-round.   A few years ago it was fairly common to see high-school and college-age guys shave their heads slick for the summer, but the bald look doesn't seem to be quite as popular with that age group lately.  Most of the sly guys I see are guys age 30 and up who are trying to avoid the MPB horseshoe.

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2009, 07:26:03 PM »
Here it appears to be snow that will be seen.  One to three inches expected tomorrow.  Sucks.  I've been away from work since midday on Wednesday with the flu.  I go back on Monday - Poor Dad, having to drive me into the office in those conditions!
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline Rob

• Sly Bureau
  • British baldy since 2006
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2009, 05:20:22 PM »
Went out to Stratford-on-Avon today and in the space of time we were there (only about three - four hours) I must have seen about twenty or thirty SLY bald heads.  Spring is certainly here! O0

Offline Alexander215

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2009, 05:38:10 PM »
I saw some Tulips yesterday, that was unusual.

Offline dieseldan04

• Dieseldan04
  • Sly
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2009, 06:09:46 PM »
Slydom seems to be a year-round thing here amongst those of us who are into it.  Spring just means shedding the beanie more often!
Dieseldan04

Shine On Fellow Chrome Domers!

Enter your email address: