Author Topic: Will she say YES?  (Read 10587 times)

Offline hotrn

• Sly Jr.
Will she say YES?
« on: February 03, 2012, 09:05:00 PM »
I have wanted to shave my head for the longest time and my job as a hospice nurse has been my hang-up. Well now I am getting married on March 17th, St. Patty's Day and I don't want to look sick, stupid, or just plain out ruine my own wedding because I took the clippers to my head! What's ya'lls opinion? Ya'll shave every day and know more about who is able to carry a bald head and who can't than I do. The avatar is me. PELEASE BE HONEST and don't worry about hurting my feelings!

There's a bald hearted dude waiting to get out!

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Will she say YES?
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2012, 10:38:42 PM »
I don't understand the subject line -- will who say yes to what? ???

Offline hotrn

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2012, 11:05:31 PM »
It is a sort of pun for lack of a better word. I'm getting married, so if I go sly and she doesn't like it will she still say "yes" on the wedding day?!?!

Offline Paul the Headblader

• Sly Bureau
  • They see me rollin' they hatin'
    • My facebook page :)
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2012, 11:10:22 PM »
well, since she's ur girlfriend, ask her about it, talk, discuss, that's what couples are for.
if she likes it, do it, if she does not, try to convince her :P
be who you are, say what you feel, because those who matter don't mind, and those who mind don't matter

Offline hotrn

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2012, 11:13:00 PM »
She says that she really doesn't want me to do it but for me to do what makes mehappy. The big question is can I pull it off??

Offline chgobuzzbald

• Super Sly
  • No more HT scars
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2012, 12:35:29 AM »
why not have her do it just after the wedding ?

Offline kalbo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2012, 12:44:23 AM »
If you really want to do it and you feel that you will be happy shaving your head then go for it, after all, you have your fiancee's support.
Mabuhay ang mga kalbo!

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2012, 05:13:27 AM »
I think that a bald head look really sharp.  Your current thinning hair makes you look older.  So it's time to shave it bald.

Now, don't wait until March 13th to shave it. Do it NOW.  Then you and fiance will have a chance to get used to it before the wedding.  I shaved two weeks ago for the first time. And getting into it solidly now.  The first week or two you may have second thoughts or wonder what people will think.  But shortly you'll know it looks good and really like it.

(And as a fall back .... shave now. If you really hate it, you'd have almost 6 weeks to grow it back.  You'll have a good buzz haircut in place by the wedding.  Buzz hair cuts look manly too.)

It'd say, run to the shower and shave it bald today.

isleepinthebuff

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2012, 07:04:40 AM »
I think there is a point where you have to say "my hair is not looking great anymore. I am not bald but my hair is receeding at the front and back, I look at pics of myself with hair now and think "who was I kidding". But shaving it all off can take some getting used to! So with the wedding pics, you don't want to be in that "getting used to it stage". I would say have a good short haircut for the day and as part of the honeymoon shave it off, maybe do a 2 or 1 grade or even a zero first - then wetshave when used to it!

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2012, 07:56:27 AM »
Well, your picture seems to indicate you've got the genetics for mpb, but the progress isn't that far.  If you're not upset about the receding hairline, and she's happy wait awhile, it won't be that many anniversaries before you'll be bald anyway, whether or not you shave it down. 

Offline BaldHDbiker

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2012, 07:56:43 AM »
I think if you really want to do it you should, BUT since your GF is not as keen to the idea as you I would wait till after the weeding.

To answer your question I think you'd look fine with a sly dome.  8)

Offline sailor61

• Super Sly
  • Into my 6th year...why did I ever have hair???
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2012, 11:15:56 AM »
Bald one year as of today and I really LOVE it.  I think you will look good bald.  I think you will like being bald.  I think she will like you bald.  HOWEVER in this culture its HER wedding not your's.  My very strong advice is don't mess with things prior to HER wedding.

Go today (6 weeks out ) to a good stylist with HER and spend the money to have them come up with a new cut that you will be content with for the wedding. But for God's sake don;t do it without her input.   Yes, it's your head  and it is also you wedding day but it's not something (hopefully) you've nattered about endlessly wiht friends since childhood.  As much as I generally preach it's your head etc in this one case the fiancee is "SHE WHO MUST BE OBEYED" or your life could be a living hell.  Bridezillas don;t just happen - they are made and don't risk that.  

If you had 6 months I would say go for it. At the six week point you are just the groom- in some ways as much part of the decorations as her flowers.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2012, 11:50:55 AM by sailor61 »
TJ

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2012, 11:33:24 AM »
Bald one year as of today and I really LOVE it.  I think you will look good bald.  I think you will like being bald.  I think she will like you bald.  HOWEVER in this culture its HER wedding not your's.  My very strong advice is don't mess with things prior to HER wedding.

Go today (6 weeks out ) to a good stylist with HER and spend the money to have them come up with a new cut that you will be content with for the wedding. But for God's sake don;t do it without her input.   Yes, it's your head  and it is also you wedding day but it's not something (hopefully) you've nattered about endlessly wiht friends since childhood.  As much as I generally preach it's your head etc in this one case the fiancee is "SHE MUST BE OBEYED" or your life could be a living hell.  Bridezillas don;t just happen - they are made and don't risk that. 

If you had 6 months I would say go for it. At the six week point you are just the groom- in some ways as much part of the decorations as her flowers.

I think Sailor pretty well sums it up. Good luck on the wedding.

Offline Acme

• Super Sly
  • Who's the bald guy?
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2012, 11:36:20 AM »
I agree with Sailor.  If you had 6 months, go for it.  At 6 weeks, maybe not.  It kind of depends on you and your personality to try it so close to the wedding.  I think you're going to look and feel better and if you really want to do it, do it now so you can at least have a buzz cut by the wedding if you decide it's not the look you want for the wedding pictures.  You already look young but since you do have considerable receding creating the peninsula look on top, I think you will look even younger after shaving it off.

Offline sailor61

• Super Sly
  • Into my 6th year...why did I ever have hair???
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2012, 11:54:21 AM »
Six weeks before the wedding - shave at your own risk.  Just, please, lock up all knives, guns etc. And get her "ok" in writing...it'll come in handy in the court proceedings.
TJ

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]