Author Topic: Low Maintenance  (Read 13839 times)

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Low Maintenance
« on: July 28, 2006, 10:04:53 PM »
One of the best advantages of being bald is the fact that you don't have to worry about combing and styling your hair everyday.  Being bald also allows you a quick get away in the morning when you need to get to work.

People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline geo

• Learning the way of Sly
Re: Low Maintenance
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2006, 05:23:27 PM »
I am 68, bald since 42 (well 85%  ::) married 38 years, 4 kids (is there a connection  ::) and from day one never gave it a thought, honest.

Pretty soon after I found being bald was either a great chick magnet or absolutely the reverse, don't ask me why.  I got an "A" in Psych 101 in college in the one course in it I was forced to take, but they didn't cover that issue.

Happy Monday folks from Geo

Offline whovean

• Sly Guy in Training
    • Its my Life
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2006, 02:44:44 AM »
being shaved also helps get rid of the grey  ;D

i started getting grey at 19 and thats a lot of dye jobs
live bald and prosper

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2006, 08:53:24 AM »
being shaved also helps get rid of the grey  Grin

i started getting grey at 19 and thats a lot of dye jobs

Yeah, that could add up really fast! 

Was your beard not affected?  I'm finding a few grey hairs on my beard lately.  Just a few so I can pluck them, but I'm thinking I don't have long before I'll have to resort to a new tactic to get rid of them.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline happyharry

• Team Sly
  • Super Sly
  • bald, bold and beautiful
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2006, 11:49:12 PM »
Oh, I don't know if it's really that low-maintenance:

It usually takes me 30 minutes to shave my head, and I do it every second or third day. I never spent that much time combing
when I had hair - if you add up all the combing for a week, it still takes me longer to shave just once.

However, once shaved I never think about my head anymore till the next shave, no more attention to my head or on combing. That's a nice thing.

But on the other hand, I don't mind that it takes me that long to shave. It's a nice ritual and I always enjoy it.
Who loves ya, baby?

Offline junior

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2006, 02:08:08 AM »
you dont have to spend money and time on waiting  4 haircuts. i shave my head in the shower

gearhedguy

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2006, 02:49:53 PM »
I know a lot of people say that the advantage is low maintenance, yet I often comment that it can actually be considered high maintenance depending upon how often you shave. I shave every other day and on the morning of my shave I always think, gosh, an extra 5 to 10 minutes today.  :-\

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2006, 03:19:53 PM »
I have the same thoughts sometimes, but then I remember all of the stuff I used to do to my hair.  I would have to comb and gel my hair in the morning, then I would have to fix it after going to the gym at lunch or at night.  Then if I was going to go out at night to meet friends I would always check to make sure my hair was ok.

Now it's just shave every other morning.  During those 48 hours between shaves, I know my hair (or lack of) looks fine.

I know a lot of people say that the advantage is low maintenance, yet I often comment that it can actually be considered high maintenance depending upon how often you shave. I shave every other day and on the morning of my shave I always think, gosh, an extra 5 to 10 minutes today.  :-\
« Last Edit: September 14, 2006, 04:38:19 PM by Tyler »

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2006, 08:09:16 AM »
Not a huge difference in shower time for me. The best advantage I think, is not having to make time to go to the Barber Shop. That always got real hectic for me. I've dated a few ladies that cut hair, and they would do it for me at no monetary charge...hehehehe. Now that I'm married that doesn't work so well. I enjoy the look, and the looks I get from people. Can't wait for my 10 year class reunion and the looks I'll get then.
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline Yeti

• "Fear profits a man nothing"
  • Sly Moderator
  • Super Sly
  • Big, Bald, & Friendly... ~Yeti
    • Yeti's Realm (MySpace Page)
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2006, 11:12:10 PM »

No bed head, no barbershop fees (+tip), no wind messing up your "hairdo"... I am bald for life. hehe Besides I love wearing skull caps in the winter. hehe p.s. They stay in place much better after 1 day and a lil stubble.. hehe  ;)
~Yeti
-------------
Tyler's Assister w/ creation of SBG & 1st Mod (now I am Elusive, but ALWAYS watching. hehe
-------------
BIG, FURRY, & BALD: Tattooes almost 300 hrs, Piercings several, Gamer; Internet 13+ yrs, Movies, Music, Drinks w/ friends, Ladies, my kids.
-------------

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2006, 01:00:05 PM »
I would presume you get the velcro effect then Yeti?
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline fcb2001

• 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa (11 June to 11 July 2010)
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Bald for Life
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2006, 07:25:14 PM »
no bad heir days for me or 60 minutes in the chair getting my braids fixed, i had cornrows before i shaved my head

Offline Yeti

• "Fear profits a man nothing"
  • Sly Moderator
  • Super Sly
  • Big, Bald, & Friendly... ~Yeti
    • Yeti's Realm (MySpace Page)
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2006, 09:52:11 PM »
I would presume you get the velcro effect then Yeti?

You got it brother hehehe
~Yeti
-------------
Tyler's Assister w/ creation of SBG & 1st Mod (now I am Elusive, but ALWAYS watching. hehe
-------------
BIG, FURRY, & BALD: Tattooes almost 300 hrs, Piercings several, Gamer; Internet 13+ yrs, Movies, Music, Drinks w/ friends, Ladies, my kids.
-------------

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2006, 11:02:58 AM »
hey yeti. i get the velcro thing in about 12-15 hours. but i still prefer being bald. i live in louisiana and it don't stay cold long enough to call it winter. so skull caps are not a big deal. ok later.

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline eclipse41904

« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2007, 07:54:26 PM »
Hey everyone. Im new to this site so bear with me. There is definately advantages of being bald. No more going to the barbers, worrying about your hair in the wind or rain. I love it. Im not bald yet, i just have a receding hairline so I shave my head. No bald spots or anything, i have alot of hair left still. I prefer this shaved head look though much better. Ive gotten alot more compliments too. My own mother says it looks better on me. haha. that tells you something. My fiance loves it too, she likes when I shave my head. I guess its a turn on for her, which is good for me..hehehe how do i post a picture on here, remember, im still new to this lol  later everyone

Enter your email address: