Author Topic: Question: Has going sly affected your confidence?  (Read 9199 times)

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
Re: Question: Has going sly affected your confidence?
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2017, 08:45:16 PM »
Thanks for the good word, Reddog! Might try tomorrow.

Once you start the razor shaving, you will love it.  Most guys enjoy the shaving, as well as the smooth feeling and almost shadow free look.
SlyBeard

Offline gymguy66

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2017, 06:47:50 PM »
Well I first buzzed the head in May....that lasted about 2 weeks of buzzing just about every day...shorter and shorter....finally caved and shaved.....since that awakening...Have now lost approx 50lbs....working out and feeling a hell of a lot younger and better than I have in years...not a bad feeling for 66....

Offline Lancslad

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2017, 07:13:45 PM »
I shaved to the skin a couple of weeks ago. I really like the feel!...and the look. Took me a while to decide to, but you’re right. I’ll probably keep it this way. I shave every morning. I still can’t decide if I like some stubble, but my shadow is pretty dark, so I think that’s enough for me and I’ll keep razor shaving and enjoy my head feeling smooth 😄

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2017, 07:08:53 AM »
I think you found your new look, Lancslad. The bald head and beard look outstanding on you. Has your wife adjusted to your new look? Glad you're liking it, and eventually, you'll recognize the guy in the mirror with the shaved head!
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2017, 11:07:13 AM »
I get razzed at work if I don't shave my head for a few days. 

Had a fellow come by yesterday who said that I wear the bald head very well.  He thought some guys look odd with a bald head, but he gave me a strong endorsement.

I can't imagine when I would do with hair again.  Tyler, I can't imagine 2 months in the hospital and not being able to shave my head. I'd want to sneak in a barber or something to just get it taken care of.

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2017, 12:51:26 PM »
Yes, Dan, when I recently grew my hair back for 2 months, I just couldn't get used to it. While several friends said I looked good, I thought the white hair made me look old. I constantly fought the urge to shave. Once I decided enough was enough, it was a huge relief to run the clippers right down the middle. Love that moment after my morning headshave when you apply moisturizer to a smooth head.
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline baldjoeg

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Newport Beach, CA. A great place to be in March.
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2017, 02:19:47 PM »
Semi-sly, you look great.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2017, 11:53:27 PM »
I was just talking about how I shaved my head back in 2005 and how much confidence I had within a week of starting to shave.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Lancslad

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2017, 09:38:06 PM »
Yes, reddog, my wife is good with it. She adapted. A few days ago I let the stubble grow back, but that didn’t last long. Didn’t like it anymore. Only smooth for me now. Addicted.