Author Topic: Do you consider shaving to be high maintenance or low maintenance?  (Read 22149 times)

Offline Nikki

• Sly Jr.
  • No Hair,Don't Care. I'm Bald and Beautiful!
I've been bald for almost a year now(on my birthday,July 9th) and I never thought about shaving my head often as high maintenance or low maintenance. What do you think?

Offline AJ Q-Ball

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Bald Head and Full Beard: Awesome combination
Re: Do you consider shaving to be high maintenance or low maintenance?
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2015, 09:10:07 AM »
If anything, I consider it low maintenance since it only adds a few extra minutes to my routine every day.  Starting out the day with a freshly shaved bald head is worth it to me. It's just something I LOVE having so the maintenance part wouldn't be an issue for me.

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2015, 09:49:21 AM »
For me shaving is low maintenance compared to the time it took me to deal with my unruly hair.  Especially now that I have my shaving routine down to just a few minutes. 

But my guess is that a short buzz cut is the actual lowest maintenance option.
SlyBeard

Offline tobler1

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2015, 09:56:49 AM »
I love being bald.  I don't consider it high maintenance.  However, I will concede that real low maintenance was having a fade.  Shaving makes getting ready take more time than when I had a fade, but not significantly more.

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2015, 10:05:28 AM »
Absolutely! I think head shaving is very high maintenance. So it takes you an hour a month to go get a haircut, compared to at least 30 minutes a day to headshave. When you have a full head to shave, and face, with a double edge safety razor it takes time. I am not complaining, I thoroughly enjoy my morning routine. Then there is all the equipment, soaps, brushes, skin conditioners, etc.

But like AJ says, it's worth it. Love my smooth bald head!
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline -Doug-

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.
    • Gabe's Shirt Goes To..
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2015, 11:07:45 AM »
I would say that it is fairly low maintenance for me. I do it while I am in the shower that it only adds a few minutes. Also it makes clean up is easy.
Life has three aspects: Paradox, Humor, and Change.

Paradox: Life is a mystery; don't waste time figuring it out.
Humor: Keep a sense of humor, especially about yourself. It is a strength beyond all measure
Change: Know that nothing stays the same.

Offline geeman

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2015, 08:59:24 AM »
For you guys with a full head of hair, yeah... gonna take some time, but for us "lucky ones" with mpb... 10 minutes in the shower, though at weekends I take my time with my de.... So pretty low maintenance

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2015, 09:13:42 AM »
Yes, you lucky guys with mpb, us poor dudes with a full head of hair have twice as much to shave. I often wondered how much easier it is just to have to shave the fringe. Well, I guess I'll find out someday, as I noticed some receding in my temple area.
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2015, 09:58:47 AM »
The funny thing is the low maintenance of shaving saved my butt today as I woke up 30 minutes before I needed to be at a meeting and was able to make it because I didn't have to shave to be able to make the meeting on time.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Hingatao

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2015, 11:36:04 AM »
Even with a full head of hair, I find it to be pretty low maintenance. An extra 20 minutes if I shave every day, 30 to 35 if every other day.
Hair is over rated.

Offline socknoggle

• Sly
  • Grateful follower of Jesus Christ
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2015, 01:00:59 PM »
I agree with a lot of the folks here.  It takes an extra 20-30 minutes in the morning because I have a full head of hair.  But because I so thoroughly enjoy the time I spend shaving, and the feel of a freshly shaven head, I consider it low maintenance. 

Offline Cave Dweller

• Bald & Bearded and staying that way.
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Not Bear nor Troll - just in the dark with the TV
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2015, 01:53:18 PM »
My hair is wavy, so it was a struggle each morning to get the horseshoe under control so it did not curl up like Bozo.

When I started shaving, the process for just the head took about fifteen minutes at the sink.

Now, it is less than five minutes total in the shower to get both the dome and face done.

Yeah, it is a very low maintenance thing for me.
"A man who has lost his hair and is bald is clean."
Leviticus 13:40
(Do not argue with Moses!)

Offline Mike E. P.

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2015, 02:43:06 PM »
With the receding hairline, there was quite a bit of maintenance - some tricky combing and spraying - constant checking of the hair. Bald is so much easier. Although I tend to make it high maintenance because I enjoy the process so much. A lot of time is spent with the oils, creams, the brush and a triple pass with the DE razor. But it's worth it.
Bronx bald and bred!

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2015, 10:32:06 PM »
Hi Nikki:  1st of all I want to wish you an early Happy Birthday.  For me I shave the traditional way by using a DE or SE razor, shave soap, and shaving brush.  The process of shaving is my "zen" moment or spa-like moment.  It is part of the day or night that I can get away from the world and just relax.  So . . . I consider it very low maintenance.

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline Quiet_Dan

• Super Sly
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2015, 05:16:25 AM »
I consider it the highest maintenance hair style ive ever had cos i always had a pretty short cropped hair, I don't remember the last time i owned a hairbrush
God created only a few perfect heads, the rest he covered with hair!