Author Topic: Advantage - More Testosterone!  (Read 12153 times)

gearhedguy

Advantage - More Testosterone!
« on: October 27, 2006, 09:38:01 AM »
Studies have shown that men who are balding have more testosterone in their bodies. And if you're growing hair on your back  :D, chances are you have even higher levels of testosterone. I saw an ad on TV for hair restoration that said "get your hair back and return to the man you always were." Where in fact, losing your hair actually means you have more of the "manly" hormone. So I say, go bald and become more of a man than you ever were!!  ;D

BaldRob

Re: Advantage - More Testosterone!
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2006, 08:35:25 AM »
It's true!!!  Just think how much time FuzzHeads spend at hair cutting places and looking in the mirror styling their hair... not very manly if you ask me!!   ;D

Offline marshd1000

• Sly Bureau
  • Love your bald noggin, wear a hat in the sun!
    • Christian Chromedomes
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2006, 09:07:35 AM »
Studies have shown that men who are balding have more testosterone in their bodies. And if you're growing hair on your back  :D, chances are you have even higher levels of testosterone. I saw an ad on TV for hair restoration that said "get your hair back and return to the man you always were." Where in fact, losing your hair actually means you have more of the "manly" hormone. So I say, go bald and become more of a man than you ever were!!  ;D

I guess that bodes well for me since I got the balding thing and hairy back thing going on at the same time!  Now if I could just start exercising more and eating better and lose my gut!  Being in shape along with my other traits would even be more "manly" .  But in reality, I do really believe that a "manly" man is a man with good character!  That is what I am truly striving for!

gearhedguy

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2006, 04:44:35 PM »
You are not alone, my friend. I too suffer from the "advantage" of a balding head with a furry back. Most all of my buds who are losing their hair are also finding they are sprouting more hair growth on their backs. Although along with shaving my head, I also shave (or Nair) my back. But except for some trimming, I leave the hair on my chest alone.

Offline yep_yep

• Sly
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2006, 05:09:20 PM »
Lol, wtf? I can hardly grow a beard (not really can tbh) yet I'm balding. I wish I had growth at least somewhere :D.

gearhedguy

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2006, 06:25:14 PM »
Be careful what you wish for yep_yep. . . I practically have a beard growing on my back! lol Although I started to lose my hair in my early 20's, it wasn't until my early 30's that I began to grow hair on my back.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2006, 08:14:40 PM »
I call this the "landslide affect" when you lose your hair only to grow it on your back... ;)
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2006, 11:58:39 AM »
i beg to differ. unless i am just a freak. hair was receding. body looks like sasquatch, and had a checkup a couple months ago. to find out i have extremely low-T. taking shots now to see if it gets regulated.

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2006, 04:14:44 PM »
OK, so pburke is the freak exception to the rule...J/K

Working in the car business has taught me one thing...there is an exception to every rule
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2006, 07:10:01 PM »
gee thanks pigpen. i thoght ex-rodeo guys had to stick together.   hahaha

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline frostillicus123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Forgot to Shave this morning
    • My Twitter Explict Language
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2007, 04:07:23 PM »
If a hairy back is a sign of high testostrone than I must be ragin... I'm almost a gorrilla
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/071111/samp9a1d5d13c394b3da.jpg[/img] [/url]

Offline marshd1000

• Sly Bureau
    • Christian Chromedomes
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2007, 11:03:16 PM »
Hmmm,

In terms of having a hairy back and a balding head, I had the hairy back first.  I started getting the hairy front when I was 16.  But I got the hairy back when I was 20.  I first noticed that when I got a sunburn and was peeling.  But then I started snagging when I was peeling and found the back hair.  It wasn't until my mid 30's that my slow balding started.  So I am wondering if the hairy back thing can be a possible indicator of future baldness.  Although I got good hints from both grandfathers and my dad.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2007, 11:13:25 PM »
Hmmm,

In terms of having a hairy back and a balding head, I had the hairy back first.  I started getting the hairy front when I was 16.  But I got the hairy back when I was 20.  I first noticed that when I got a sunburn and was peeling.  But then I started snagging when I was peeling and found the back hair.  It wasn't until my mid 30's that my slow balding started.  So I am wondering if the hairy back thing can be a possible indicator of future baldness.  Although I got good hints from both grandfathers and my dad.

My friend and I call this the "landslide effect."   ;D
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline marshd1000

• Sly Bureau
    • Christian Chromedomes
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2007, 08:49:52 AM »
Hmmm,

My friend and I call this the "landslide effect."   ;D

I kind of think the bottom of my hill slid before the top!