Author Topic: Only One I Know Who's Bald  (Read 12237 times)

Offline newby08

• Sly Jr.
Only One I Know Who's Bald
« on: July 02, 2013, 07:05:35 PM »
I'm 21, and my male pattern baldness became so noticeable that I shaved it off completely. I'm adjusting to the new look, even though I miss my old hair, but I'm the only one in my friend group or my age who's a bald guy. Is it just rare for someone in their 20s to go bald?

Offline Cave Dweller

• Bald & Bearded and staying that way.
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Not Bear nor Troll - just in the dark with the TV
Re: Only One I Know Who's Bald
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2013, 07:17:57 PM »
Is it just rare for someone in their 20s to go bald?

Nope.  I started losing mine at 17 and was visibly balding by the time I was in my twenties.  Shaving just was not a readily accepted style at that time as it is today.

Congratulations on going Sly, sir.

You will see a lot of men in their twenties who have gone Sly as well.  
« Last Edit: July 02, 2013, 08:38:27 PM by Cave Dweller »
"A man who has lost his hair and is bald is clean."
Leviticus 13:40
(Do not argue with Moses!)

Offline geeman

• Ultimate Sly Guy
Re:
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2013, 02:03:34 AM »
shaving your head is accepted in all age groups these days...you're just leading the trend in your social network! oh...and welcome

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2013, 05:34:40 AM »
You're not alone. I used to work with a fellow who says that he was bald by about 20!  He still wears the 'horseshoe' and it looks dumb.  Better to shave it sly.  Looks very sharp.  It's a man's hairstyle.

Around here, there are a LOT of young men who shave their heads.  You'd fit right in.

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2013, 06:22:15 AM »
I once shaved my head in the eighth grade at age 13.....The kids made fun for a couple of hours, but it soon stopped. I will admit when I started shaving my head in my 20's on occasion, I wore a hat, but in time when people stopped commenting, I stopped wearing it. And at some point, you will get to that stage too. Good luck, man!
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2013, 07:59:03 AM »
As the first bald guy in your circle of friends you are morally obligated to lead the way and show them how to deal with MPB properly. When their time comes -- and for many of them it will -- having someone who set a good example will make their transition much easier.

isleepinthebuff

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2013, 01:48:51 PM »
You're not alone. I used to work with a fellow who says that he was bald by about 20!  He still wears the 'horseshoe' and it looks dumb.  Better to shave it sly.  Looks very sharp.  It's a man's hairstyle.

Around here, there are a LOT of young men who shave their heads.  You'd fit right in.

surely any hairstyle on a man is a man's hairstyle. I don't think we can really say a shaved head is more manly surely! We have to be careful not to appear slightly cult-ish with these comments!

MarshalArtist

Re: Re: Re: Only One I Know Who's Bald
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2013, 05:55:46 AM »

surely any hairstyle on a man is a man's hairstyle. I don't think we can really say a shaved head is more manly surely! We have to be careful not to appear slightly cult-ish with these comments!
And we have some women here that make bald look gooooood!

Offline stasiu

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • All dressed up & no hair to go !
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2013, 08:23:43 AM »
You and I were born at the wrong times !  I made this same statement back in 1977 when all my buddies had long, thick hair and I had the Dr. Phil look before he even knew it was going to become popular.  Stay strong and boldly bald.  Thanks for sharing with SBG !

Offline Amgoody

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2014, 06:56:28 PM »
I'm another one who lost my hair young, in the 90s I was 15 with no hairline.
I was the only kid I knew with a baldy, I hated it.
It's a lot easier now to be bald, you google any bald celebrity or athlete and tell your friends your going for that look.

Offline bennett11

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2014, 06:29:53 AM »
enjoy being different - confidence to be different.

Offline youngandbald1990

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2014, 12:44:48 AM »
Feel yeah bro. Im 24 and still the only bald guy from my group of friends.But on occasions when we go to bars, ill bump into acquaintances that i knew back then and notice them going bald. so just give it a few years and you won't be the only one  O0

Offline DannyBoy

• Sly
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2014, 11:42:16 AM »
Im the only bald guy in my group aswell i started at 16 but i actually like it though i like the thought of being "different" im gonna enjoy this feeling while it lasts until they go bald or i get to the so called age where its apparently "normal" then it will fade...im not trying to be different its just how it seems these days that is "different" to go bald at such a early age.
It is only a problem if YOU make it a problem.

Offline njbill

• Sly
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2014, 08:44:32 PM »
I'm 44 and the only bald guy in my circle of friends.... but, what are you gonna do?

feelsbadman

Offline Frontier Guy

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • SBC: Sly By Choice ... "Since May 18, 2012"
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2014, 04:50:22 AM »
Enjoy being unique amongst your friends. There is a lot to be said for standing up, being yourself, and not being invisible as "one in the crowd."
"Sly can adapt to all surroundings!" - Wisdom from KG 8/19/2012