Author Topic: Checking the progress  (Read 2293 times)

benmcd

Checking the progress
« on: November 30, 2009, 08:48:11 AM »
I have read in earlier posts, that people are surprised by the amount of thinning or balding they notice after letting their hair grow out. I have found that lately I will let grow out for 3 or 4 days to see what is going on up there. It is generally quite a surprise to see the thinning ever increase. So far it is thinning across the front of my head back to the vertex, but I do have that island of thicker hair right front and center. It is now very noticable however not yet technically bald. The thinner miniturised hairs seem to have lost their color and hardly need any resistance to pluck one from my head. I guess this is the typical experience most have. I now wish it would get it on and get it over with, thinning hair looks sadder than a bald head. Perhaps I should resist the need to keep checking and just keep it sly.       

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Checking the progress
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2009, 09:06:11 AM »
Join the club, mpb just seems to do everything it can to irritate a guy.  I'm pretty sure I wouldn't ever laser it, far too much gray anyway to really provide relief from the sparse ever thinning grass on top.  It has a totally different texture than it did even when I got rid of the combover, but the area that provided the hair for the combover doesn't even have a shadow anymore. 
I am pretty regular on shaving, miss a day at most a week--Sunday if and only if I shave late on Saturday, but generally 7 days a week.  But that one day, I can "trace" with my finger the outline of the top of the shadow easily--the top texture is that different. 

Offline bem75

• Team Sly
  • Super Sly
Re: Checking the progress
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2009, 11:29:28 AM »
I've been shaving about once every 2 or 3 days recently, due to early morning commitments (gym) and evening laziness.  So, I get a good look at the balding progress.  Just before I started shaving it slick in February 2009, I stopped using Rogaine.  I had used it for about 3 or 4 years.  I am really amazed at how much hair I have lost in the last 9 months.  My crown (bald spot) is almost entirely smooth.  The front is about the same, but that damn crown is really slick.  Oh well, I guess its a good thing that I like the bald look.