Author Topic: An age old question rephrased  (Read 2497 times)

jimhend

An age old question rephrased
« on: July 14, 2009, 12:35:21 AM »
Hi Guys,

Was going through some of the posts in the forum and it struck me that most common response to what it was like when first being sly is "the wife not liking it much", " mother wanted me to grow it back etc etc..

Is this because these people are so used to seeing us with hair or is it that they just do not like the shaved dome? I know this is a stale topic but am posting it nevertheless

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Re: An age old question rephrased
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2009, 12:37:32 AM »
I've always thought that it's because they are used to seeing us with hair and are resistant to change.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Papa Don

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2009, 08:47:18 AM »
IMO it is the fact that you have changed. Anything new is foreign to them and they can't accept it.  I've had to explain to a neighbor many times that I am the same person inside.  Visibly changed outside-the same characterwirse on the inside. Emotionally we are all the same inside regardless if we are shaved, tattooed, pierced etc.  And perhaps it is a control thing too.  People really like to control others to the extent of being rude.
I am no better that anyone else, but by God, no one is better than I am

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2009, 06:54:23 PM »
Remember, this is the easy one, to your mother, you are and always will be her little boy and he had hair, and second--this is very much harder to accept and agree to, men by in large marry their "mothers", it's Freud don't fight the concept--and to the wife you are also "their little boy" hence hair if that's the way they met you. 

You can't fight it with logic, you couldn't when you actually were a little boy, and you can't now.  Accept it, don't ask permission, ask forgiveness.  If they won't give it, do it anyway, it's something you do for yourself, not them. 

Offline GaryT

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2009, 02:27:31 PM »
A little rough there saint! BUT I probably only think that because I agree with  everything you said!!  :-)
It's all about attitude!

Enter your email address: