Author Topic: What Trimmer Are You Using?  (Read 11420 times)

Offline malegroomings

• Learning the way of Sly
What Trimmer Are You Using?
« on: August 07, 2015, 12:30:06 PM »
Hey guys,

I want to see what trimmers most of you guys are using and what you think/like/dislike about it! Let's get a nice thread going!

Currently, I use the Philips Norelco BT9285 and I love it. The laser is great for detailing your cheek and neck line, but it does take some getting used to. It cut's really well compared to other razors and it does not tug at all.

What about the rest of you?

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: What Trimmer Are You Using?
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2015, 01:49:28 PM »
I don't usually trim my beard often (once a month) but when I do, I use the Andis T-Outliner. It does a nice job on the neck and cheek line, and it's excellent on my head during periods I can't wet shave.
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2015, 02:21:40 PM »
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline oklodhi

• Hair Vitamins
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2016, 11:50:10 PM »
I normally do not keep a beard, but sometimes during vacation I grow a small one. I have a small Panasonic trimmer, which is perfect for beard and any other body areas you might need.
Hair Sprays, Oils & Vitamins

Offline Rusty Shackleford

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2016, 12:14:34 AM »
In 1999 I decided to buy good clippers so that I could maintain a buzzcut on my own, but a few months after buying it I started razor shaving my head.  I continued using it to (over)trim my goatee but then I upgraded to a terminal length goatee and then eventually upgraded to a beard. It is really only used to trim the stache and that back part of the beard that wants to connect to the back of my shaved scalp but it has lasted me 17 years without trouble.  It was Andis brand and does not use batteries (back then we plugged things into walls when using them lol)
You don't know me, but I know you.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2017, 12:35:00 AM »
Rusty, what are these plugs you are referring to?  :-\
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline RyanWatts

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2017, 10:40:30 PM »
I've got a Norelco QT4014 from the 3500 Series after sticking to a 4-year old Philips one for waaay too much. I'll test it out and probably jump to something more advanced in ~year or so. So far it's doing more than a fine job :)

Offline dshupe

• Sly
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2017, 12:35:15 PM »
looks cool!

Offline buyerscaptain

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2017, 04:21:59 AM »
I've got a Norelco QT4014 from the 3500 Series after sticking to a 4-year old Philips one for waaay too much. I'll test it out and probably jump to something more advanced in ~year or so. So far it's doing more than a fine job :)
If you want to stick with Philips, I suggest you check Philips Norelco SensoTouch. I've tested it and it's definitely one of the best electric shavers you can buy for about $200.

Offline Hagrid

« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2017, 04:19:34 AM »
I definitely prefer https://www.gillette.co.in/en-in/products/razor-blades/mach3-razors. I’ve used it for two years and I’m very satisfied!They don’t irritaed my skin!My skin is soft and I smell like a  real man.For me is the best solution.