Author Topic: Why I Question Going Sly  (Read 9958 times)

Offline GeminBeast

• Sly Guy in Training
Why I Question Going Sly
« on: June 23, 2017, 09:48:01 PM »
I'm happy with the front and front top but I have these (and have had them for years) strange red colored spots on the back top of my scalp which in light I find very unsightly. I've had one particular scab that will not heal and hoping it is not a sign of skin cancer. The red spots all over the upper back of my scalp does not itch and it is smooth like the spots are on the inside of the skin but they never break out into bumps or scars at all. I have no idea what it is and my doctor was unsure as well. I love the sly look but the back of my head is why I question it. Even if I let my hair grow out I can still see these red spots through the hair. Totally sucks.

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Why I Question Going Sly
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2017, 03:42:10 AM »
I would go see a dermatologist. They have a better understanding of what may be going on in the back of your head. Looks like a possible cyst that may need an injection.
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2017, 06:13:55 AM »
With a scab that does not heal , you definitely should see a dermatologist. I've had 3 skin cancers removed . Of the 3 major types I had all three. I wear a wide brim hat in the sun. In my opinion sun block alone is not enough protection. It doesn't happen right away but eventually all that sun exposure catches up with you.
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2017, 07:18:48 AM »
That DEFINITELY needs some professional attention! I can see why you wouldn't want to shave with that condition.

I get a form of folliculitis in the same area when I grow hair, but completely disappears if I shave it daily.
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline GeminBeast

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2017, 09:16:14 AM »
It's strange because depending on how you look at it or if it's under direct bright light it's not as bad from a distance. When i did have hair my barber said he didn't even notice it even after I told him about it. He did notice the bump though. I used to shampoo every day as I have oily skin but I hear that's a bad idea so I am dumping shampoo all together and going to pick up a gentle fragrance free skin cleanser to use in place of shampoo. I'm hoping by using something much more gentle and made for sensitive skin it may clear up a bit. I'll still go see a derm though. But in this photo it doesn't look as bad as the close up?

« Last Edit: June 24, 2017, 09:17:53 AM by GeminBeast »

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2017, 10:26:37 AM »
The red marks are probably nothing to be concerned about , but a scab that is not healing should be checked. 
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."

Offline GeminBeast

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2017, 11:43:21 AM »
I picked up some Cetaphil Gentle Scrub and will use that instead of shampooing my head. Also some Apricot scrub for after my workouts since I sweat tons. Will apply a bit of moisturizer every day as well and hopefully in time the lack of shampooing an using a good product for sensitive skin may help.

Offline Laser Man

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2017, 06:38:59 PM »
Try using something like Neutrogena Acne Wash.  It contains salicylic acid to help clean the skin.  You can find it at Walgreens and CVS.

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2017, 12:42:56 AM »
You  should definitely see a dermatologist!   those red spots maybe nothing, or they may be rosacea,  or they just might be something that the dermatologist needs to worry about .   The bump that doesn't heal on the other hand is definitely something that you should see your dermatologist about and skin cancer is no laughing matter of law several family and friends to it .   it is easily curable if Carly if not the spread throughout the entire body before you even though you have it!

so get to the dermatologist TODAY!