Author Topic: The worst days/times to try to go to a barbershop  (Read 2665 times)

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
The worst days/times to try to go to a barbershop
« on: December 24, 2011, 08:04:31 AM »
Happy Christmas Eve and Merry Christmas in Advance to all...This morning, I gave a close friend a phone call to find out if he wanted to come over for the game tomorrow night after I get back from the Coast...Anyway, he told me he was at the barbershop waiting in his car since 5am, and he found three cars waiting when he got there, all with at least two people waiting to get a haircut (presumably fathers and sons, no telling how many people are waiting there now) It made me think back to the days when I lived in the city how many times when a holiday was approaching how many hours I spent in a barbershop....Now I know that most of us shave our heads so this may be a non issue, but a few guys may go to a barber to get a head shave and/or face shave (I go every two weeks, usually on a weekday to trim whatever facial hair style I may be wearing at the time) That said, here are some of the worst times and/or days to go to a barbershop (in no particular order):

1. Christmas Eve (no explanation needed for that one)
2. Easter Eve (especially down South where many people tend to go to Church on Easter Sunday if no other Sunday)
3. New Year's Eve (or the last day of business before New Year's Day if NYE falls on Sunday/Monday)
4. Immediately before or after the barber is going to take/has taken his lunch
5. 30 minutes or less before closing time (especially if you don't have an appointment; though most old style barbershops don't require one, it's done on a first-come first-served basis)
6. When a sporting event is on the TV
7. If you're in a hurry (don't try to go during a lunch break unless you have at least two hours)
8. The day(s) leading up to the start of the school year (obviously this varies)

On the plus side, some barbershops, if you make an appointment, will service you after hours or even on Sunday or Monday (they may charge more but if you have no choice, it's worth it) I suggest trying to keep your barbershop visits between Tuesday and Thursday if you can...Feel free to add on/critique this, but I just wanted to put this out there, if not
for our benefit, it could be for the benefit of our friends, hair or no hair....Happy Holidays, fellow slys!
« Last Edit: December 24, 2011, 08:25:24 AM by sirharry12 »

Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline Paul the Headblader

• Sly Bureau
  • They see me rollin' they hatin'
    • My facebook page :)
Re: The worst days/times to try to go to a barbershop
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2011, 08:13:11 AM »
This is an interesting topic, buddy :)
I went to the barbershop preety rare, since my uncle is a barber:d
be who you are, say what you feel, because those who matter don't mind, and those who mind don't matter