Author Topic: A message for all men and women who have served  (Read 4780 times)

Offline foodfor4

• Sly Jr.
A message for all men and women who have served
« on: December 19, 2008, 04:22:19 PM »
     This is a message to all men and woman who are cureently serving or have served their country. I feel as though soldiers in America are not shown enough appreciation for their bravery, sacrifice and for putting themselves at risk to serve their country. This message is because I think soldiers should know that what they do is appreciated. The truth is that I may not be in favor of this war, however, this does not mean that I do not care for the men and woman who are fighting for us. I wish you all the best of luck and you will all be in my thoughts and prays (especially during the hollidays). I also hope your friends and families the best as my uncle is serving his third tour in Iraq and I know how it feels to worry about a loved one. I wish that society could realize that you should support your soldiers regardless of how you feel about the war. I just want you all to know that you are appreciated.

Offline The Scottish Ambassador

• Scottish Ambassador to SBG!
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
Re: A message for all men and women who have served
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2008, 04:51:10 PM »
     This is a message to all men and woman who are cureently serving or have served their country. I feel as though soldiers in America are not shown enough appreciation for their bravery, sacrifice and for putting themselves at risk to serve their country. This message is because I think soldiers should know that what they do is appreciated. The truth is that I may not be in favor of this war, however, this does not mean that I do not care for the men and woman who are fighting for us. I wish you all the best of luck and you will all be in my thoughts and prays (especially during the hollidays). I also hope your friends and families the best as my uncle is serving his third tour in Iraq and I know how it feels to worry about a loved one. I wish that society could realize that you should support your soldiers regardless of how you feel about the war. I just want you all to know that you are appreciated.

AMEN!!!!
If you always do what you've always done, then you'll always get what you've always got!

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2008, 05:17:56 PM »
amen!!  thanks to all who are/have serving/served!!!!

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2008, 12:08:38 AM »
AMEN
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline hammerdrill376

• Get your SLY on
  • Sly Bureau
    • Welcome to our little part on the web
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2008, 06:54:36 AM »
Great post O0 Without our military doing now and in the past what they have done none of us could do what we do. Thanks to our brave men and women in uniform.
Our country demands all our strength, all our energies. To resist the powerful combination now forming against us will require every man at his place. If victorious we will have everything to hope for in the future. If defeated, nothing will be left for us to live for.

Gen. Robert E. Lee C.S.A

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2008, 11:04:30 AM »

Amen to that many times over. Great post.

Offline ooblie

• live fast, die slow
  • Learning the way of Sly
  • me so sly
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2009, 07:04:56 AM »
im in the army..i have been in iraq for 14 month..thank you for the post....i think this is the 3rd time today i have talked about me being in iraq.

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2009, 07:34:36 AM »
Thanks, it's nice to know that we are appreciated.

Offline TheSlyBear

• Opinionated Walrus
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • 忍者クマ
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2009, 10:21:57 AM »
Thank you.

Offline skinhead002

• Super Sly
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2009, 11:14:00 AM »
im in the army..i have been in iraq for 14 month..thank you for the post....i think this is the 3rd time today i have talked about me being in iraq.

What is your MOS young warrior?

Offline balddad77

• Sly Jr.
  • Fair winds and following seas!
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2009, 11:00:58 AM »
I served in the Navy and I respect anyone who serves in or appreciates and acknowledges those that serve in the Armed Forces. 

"May you have fair winds and following seas" Admiral Hymen G. Rickover.
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdn-img1.imagechef.com/w/090803/samp819057a71e44ad25.jpg[/img] [/url]

Enter your email address: