2 (8.7%)
no younger than 16
2 (8.7%)
no younget than 14
1 (4.3%)
anyone can be sly!
17 (73.9%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Author Topic: confused but considering  (Read 15539 times)

teenthatshavessometimes

Re: confused but considering
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2008, 08:06:46 PM »
well, im still young, i want to hear about the different branches so i can figure it out

Offline SlickCountry

• Sly
    • FirehouseChaplain.org
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2008, 11:41:12 PM »
Brkeatr is right.  You have to look at what each branch has to offer for jobs (MOS) and base locations if that's an issue.  My personal opinion is if your gonna do it, go all the way with it.  That's why I joined the Corps.  I will say this though, military life, even if it's not a career choice is not for everyone.

teenthatshavessometimes

« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2008, 06:48:09 AM »
well, i really want to do something special, someting that not many else do. like the bumper stick i saw said
"the few, the proud, the marines"
well, can you give me the pros and the cons of the marines and the army?
if i enlist i am pretty sure i would pick one of those 2

Offline no1birdman

• No Jokes
  • Super Sly
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2008, 07:02:59 AM »
Well the saying went for the marines, muscles are required, inteligence not essentual.LOL. Be careful which ever u join.

teenthatshavessometimes

« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2008, 07:14:49 AM »
and the army
i still havent made a dession, so if someone wants to say someting about an branch of the military, they are welcome to

Offline SlickCountry

• Sly
    • FirehouseChaplain.org
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2008, 06:23:52 PM »
Well the saying went for the marines, muscles are required, inteligence not essentual.LOL. Be careful which ever u join.

But any Marine will tell you that army is Aren't Real Marines Yet!   lol

#i&@

teenthatshavessometimes

« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2008, 08:35:12 PM »
lol, would you say thats true?

Offline SlickCountry

• Sly
    • FirehouseChaplain.org
« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2008, 10:35:37 PM »
I use that line a lot with some of my army friends.  All the branches say they are better than the rest.  It all comes down to what you want to get out of the experience and how far you want to go with it.  In my opinion, the Corps is the hardest and best basic training there is.  The army has a better variety of jobs (MOS's) and the Air Force has more computer/technical jobs.  The navy has better higher pay (in the civilian world) jobs like medical professionals and lawyers.

teenthatshavessometimes

« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2008, 10:40:06 PM »
I use that line a lot with some of my army friends.  All the branches say they are better than the rest.  It all comes down to what you want to get out of the experience and how far you want to go with it.  In my opinion, the Corps is the hardest and best basic training there is.  The army has a better variety of jobs (MOS's) and the Air Force has more computer/technical jobs.  The navy has better higher pay (in the civilian world) jobs like medical professionals and lawyers.
please go into more detail, this is very helpful, which sees the least action, and the most

Offline Nick912

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Above All!
    • US Air Force
« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2008, 09:46:27 PM »
Air Force man....

I'm not just saying that because I'm a recruiter either. Whatever branch you join you can bet to be taken care of. We all have the same benefits.
==SLY SERGEANT==

FunshinePa

« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2008, 10:44:41 AM »
Go to the recruiting office NOW and check them all out. Let them sell themselves onto you. I grew up Navy and my father was a recruiter... I checked them all out and preferred Air Force over the Navy only because of computer technology. But today they are about the same. Which branch of service you thrive at will depend on your intelligence level as well. :-)

Air Force man....

I'm not just saying that because I'm a recruiter either. Whatever branch you join you can bet to be taken care of. We all have the same benefits.

teenthatshavessometimes

« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2008, 11:21:52 AM »
Go to the recruiting office NOW and check them all out. Let them sell themselves onto you. I grew up Navy and my father was a recruiter... I checked them all out and preferred Air Force over the Navy only because of computer technology. But today they are about the same. Which branch of service you thrive at will depend on your intelligence level as well. :-)

Air Force man....

thanks, but im a little young to talk to the recruiters yet

Offline zzaapp

• Sly
« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2008, 07:37:27 PM »
One of the most overlooked branches of service is the Coast Guard.  With the enemy bringing the fight to us, homeland security is becoming more important.  When I was younger (in the days of the draft), I looked into the CG and the Navy.  Went Navy, but it was a tough decision.

And, don't think that the CG misses out on all the action.  We had Coast Guard detachments with us in Vietnam.

You aren't too young to talk to the recruiters.  Just tell them that you are under age right now and just looking for information for the future.  They will be glad to talk to you.  They are active duty personnel, and most of them have great stories to tell.

teenthatshavessometimes

« Reply #28 on: August 19, 2008, 07:40:59 PM »
well, my dad was in the army, i will talk to him about it

FunshinePa

« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2008, 07:05:21 AM »
No you are not too young to go now!!! Now matter your age.. you can spend the time learning what branch of service is best for you. I was 12 when I first started taking the ASVAB... Once I got old enough to seriously take it I was ACE'ing it!! :-) My daughter did the Delayed Entry Program and by the time she was in for the year she was graduating boot camp an E2.

Check it out... start now...
Take the test now... Improve yourself!!

http://www.asvabprogram.com/

Air Force man....

thanks, but im a little young to talk to the recruiters yet

Enter your email address: