Author Topic: boot camp  (Read 7757 times)

Offline SlySurfer

• aka Mighty Anthony
  • Sly
Re: boot camp
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2009, 03:21:09 PM »
Having "hair" would defnitely get in the way of basic training.  :Xo!
The less, the better.

You got some sensible advice, jroske. Maintain a "regulation cut" until after you graduate. After you'll have time to go the distance and do the total bald thing. The best of luck to you.

Offline jroske

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2009, 03:52:57 PM »
Sounds like you got it down pretty right smoof im going to try that. baldandre, that sums up my question much appreciated..im looking forward to shave for graduation that would be awesome. Thanks for the tips all O0

Offline jroske

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2009, 03:55:15 PM »
Thanks, great advice will do my best at it.

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2009, 05:36:57 PM »
Yeah I love that beginning by the way. Best military movie.

Yes you will. Check with your recruiter.

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2009, 05:39:47 PM »
Like what has been said above, it was against regs (in the Army) to shave your head completely for a long time.  They Sly look was considered a "fad" haircut.  That has been relaxed over the recent year as shown by GEN Ray Odierno, commander of the US troops in Iraq. 

That all being said, after having been on both sides of basic training (in it and cadre running it), I think you might just want to consider letting your hair grow out a bit.  I don't know about AF boot camp, but in the Army, the last thing you really want to do is to do anything that actively seeks out attention.  Drill Sergeants have wonderful ways of giving it to you!  The amount of time you have to care for your skin/hair is also going to likely be restricted. 

Again, I sure could be wrong.  Given what it was like when I went through, I'd wait until you get to whatever the AF's equivalent of AIT is.

What he said.

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2009, 05:42:45 PM »
Sounds just about like what I would have expected.  Part of the purpose of Basic is to break you down and make you just another "one of the soldiers."

Yes, you really don't want to stand out while in basic infantry training.

Offline Nick912

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Above All!
    • US Air Force
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2009, 07:18:58 PM »
You will not be able to shave your head in BMT. You will have to wait to Tech School, Good luck if you havent already left yet! Go USAF!
==SLY SERGEANT==