Author Topic: Haven't felt this confident in a long time  (Read 4326 times)

Offline Tcalvin1991

• Learning the way of Sly
Haven't felt this confident in a long time
« on: March 23, 2017, 12:12:40 PM »
Hey guys this is my first post ,I discovered this page before shaving my head ,but I always lurked and read all of the great stories from you guys and it felt good to see all the support shared between each other, I definitely used it as inspiration in my own journey. I'm 25 and have been thinning and receding since I was about 20. For the longest I would buy these products to make my hair look thicker and for a while I got by but after a while the thinning receding got worse and I always had it in the back of my head to just shave it but couldn't muster the courage. Until finally on march 23rd currently deployed in the Middle East  I did it!! And boy why didn't I do this sooner,I haven't felt this confident in a while I feel so liberated not having to worry about my thinning hair and receding hairline. And i actually feel like I look better than I did with hair. Moral of the story just do it. I wish I did sooner

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Haven't felt this confident in a long time
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2017, 11:05:44 PM »
Welcome to the group! Congratulations on taking the plunge, and most of all , thanks for your service, and prayers for the safety of you and your fellow soldiers.
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline chrisphilly123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2017, 01:06:01 PM »
Hey guys this is my first post ,I discovered this page before shaving my head ,but I always lurked and read all of the great stories from you guys and it felt good to see all the support shared between each other, I definitely used it as inspiration in my own journey. I'm 25 and have been thinning and receding since I was about 20. For the longest I would buy these products to make my hair look thicker and for a while I got by but after a while the thinning receding got worse and I always had it in the back of my head to just shave it but couldn't muster the courage. Until finally on march 23rd currently deployed in the Middle East  I did it!! And boy why didn't I do this sooner,I haven't felt this confident in a while I feel so liberated not having to worry about my thinning hair and receding hairline. And i actually feel like I look better than I did with hair. Moral of the story just do it. I wish I did sooner

hell yeah.no-brainer. your odds going back to hair i'm guessing are nil.

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2017, 01:44:30 PM »
Welcome to SBG , good looking haircut , suits you well.
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2017, 03:22:26 PM »
Welcome to the board and thanks for your service.  I am glad it is giving you confidence, but not surprised.  We get that comment often.
SlyBeard