Author Topic: Losing hair.. From my brush??  (Read 1477 times)

Offline jedge01

• Sly Jr.
  • Jim
Losing hair.. From my brush??
« on: July 12, 2013, 05:13:43 PM »
Ok, so, how many hairs do you lose from your brush each shave? I've noticed, that with the "midrange" silver tip brush I bought, that I've been losing 5-6 hairs per shave. Is this pretty normal, or did I get a bad brush? I'm afraid I don't know what the brand is  :-[ there isn't anything stamped on it, but it came from bmvintageshaving.com.

Offline TheSlyBear

• Opinionated Walrus
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • 忍者クマ
Re: Losing hair.. From my brush??
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2013, 05:39:45 PM »
I've never noticed losing any from mine -- but it's a fairly expensive one ($63).

Offline Laser Man

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2013, 07:50:38 PM »
How are you storing it?  Brushes are supposed to hang with the bristles down so that the moisture drains away from the handle.  My brush sheds because I was storing it incorrectly at first.

Offline jedge01

• Sly Jr.
  • Jim
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2013, 10:42:58 PM »
I do store it sitting on the handle. I'll see if I can find a stand for it and try that. Thanks a lot guys.

Offline greatnessinc

• One part iron man one part superman
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Semper Sly!
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2013, 01:37:31 PM »
Try shaking it out until no more water flies out. I give mine about 15-20 shakes. My brush is a cheap badger brush. I still lose hairs every so often but not nearly as much as before.
"Ifyou're going through hell, just keep going"
-Winston Churchill

Offline Crowbar

• Sly
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2013, 07:15:11 AM »
I store my brush on a stand so it is hanging, I only shake it out gently as I read a vigorous or flicking shake can loosen the hairs. So a couple of very light shakes of the brush, then gently squeeze with a towel and lightly buff the tips dry on the towel to make to brush fluffy again

I honestly have only seen it loose 2-3 hairs in the beginning and then none since then
and the end of our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time