Author Topic: Just curious  (Read 4689 times)

Offline Chavster

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
Re: Just curious
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2012, 07:25:39 AM »
The German fatherland (concept) should be of concern to everyone... There's a dangerous current under those frosty German waters

:|

Offline Jimmy

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2012, 07:42:58 AM »
Yeah, you're right there... but attaching it to a style of hair is bonkers. :)

Besides, German neo-nazis are starting to wear their hair long now and left wing fellas are embracing the sly look just to muddy the waters.

Hair is hair and it usually doesn't last 1000 years anyway. :D

Offline Chavster

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2012, 07:49:09 AM »
True, but it was they who attached it to a hairstyle (or lack thereof). You just need to avoid the ones with a swastika tattooed on their knuckles, because they'll assimilate you - and resistance is obviously futile, junger mann

Offline balddaniel

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2012, 05:48:42 PM »
You are a handsome guy, you should definately give it a try.

marty22

« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2012, 07:34:36 PM »
not sure you are ready yet,.

Offline Acme

• Super Sly
  • Who's the bald guy?
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2012, 08:10:52 PM »
Looking at your picture, I definitely think you would look great completely bald and I think you will be surprised at how great you think you look.  I shaved my head about 5 months ago and have been looking at a lot of bald or almost bald heads for at least 8 months now.  I too was extremely nervous but decided to go for the completely shaved head rather than go through the buzz stages.  It was exciting and I instantly loved the look and feel.

If you can get the courage to give it a try, I would keep the beard, shave the head, and start loving your new look.  The feeling of constantly wondering if someone is looking at your balding head is way more agonizing than shaving your head.  A week after you do it, it will be the new normal.  I honestly believe you will pull it off!!

Offline Jimmy

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2012, 01:39:57 AM »
Thanks guys!

Thank you for thinking I can pull it off. I know that's a hard thing to judge, but your experience must count. :) I've tried all the silly things people do, when they are trying to find out how they'll look bald, but I know I'll know when it's done and then the 30 days are a must. I stand there agonising about my cheeks being to wide and my skull too narrow on the top... but I know it's all bollocks.

And I also am aware of the fact that my biggest problem is not what I think, but what I think others will think and I need to rid myself of this mindset in the next few months (winter really struck home with -20 degrees Celcius, so I guess now is not the right time to go head-naked!  ;D )

I am really grateful for your input. I tend to overthink things and it's always good to hear some opinions from outside my little anxiety-land.

not sure you are ready yet,.

I'm probably not... If I were, I'd be all showing you pictures of my bald head already. But I know that's the road I want to travel under my circumstances and I am hoping I can become readier by being here and reading more of your stories.

@Chavster

A friend who is also sly here in Germany had some wise words about how the way he dresses makes a difference. He meticulous in his style, always has smart shirts and trousers on, a good looking watch.... and although he has a blond beard, no one would ever put him in the Neonazi group alone because of his style.

Offline Acme

• Super Sly
  • Who's the bald guy?
« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2012, 09:37:37 AM »
It's funny to me because since I shaved my head, people think I dress better.  They comment on how good things look on me.

Also, people that haven't seen me in a while don't realize I shaved my head.  Example, last week I went to another office at work.  Some people who haven't seen me in 6 months were looking at me and commenting on how great my beard looked.  They were all asking me how long have I had it and telling me it looks great and  I should keep it.  They don't realize they have seen me with a beard before and what they really liked was the bald head.

When you're ready, you will look great and you are going to love it too.

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2012, 10:27:11 AM »
It's funny to me because since I shaved my head, people think I dress better.  They comment on how good things look on me.

Also, people that haven't seen me in a while don't realize I shaved my head.  Example, last week I went to another office at work.  Some people who haven't seen me in 6 months were looking at me and commenting on how great my beard looked.  They were all asking me how long have I had it and telling me it looks great and  I should keep it.  They don't realize they have seen me with a beard before and what they really liked was the bald head.

When you're ready, you will look great and you are going to love it too.

This is my same experience. I like to dress sharply anyway, but since shaving my head bald I've had more comments like "Dapper Dan". 

isleepinthebuff

« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2012, 11:25:48 AM »
Your hairline is probably the same as mine, interesting I wish I was balder now! I am glad I shaved it off and I look and feel better because of it.

Enter your email address: